- Opelika Cheap Movers Near Me
- Why You Should Hire Professional Movers
- The Cost Of Moving
- About A-1’S Moving And Storage Services
- Preparing For A Move
Opelika Cheap Movers Near Me
When moving, it is advantageous to align yourself with a professional moving service that is local and has a positive online reputation. Transplanting your life is difficult enough and if you’re going to allocate the work to a moving company, it’s good to know you’re in good hands! With A-1, your trip to or from Opelika, AL will be seamless, cost efficient and safe. Best of all, the choice is all yours as to the level of service you require and how much you want to do on your own.
Why You Should Hire Professional Movers
There is a lot to think about when moving and much of it has nothing to do with the actual moving part. From changing addresses to getting the kids into their new school, there’s a whole bevy of responsibility to take on. So when you’re looking for a moving service, you’ll want to go with a company that addresses your needs and implements a plan of action. Regardless of the particulars of your moving needs, there are some qualities you should expect from your movers.
Great Online Reviews. Any company you’re considering doing business with should have a online presence and reviews to read on sites such as Google, Facebook and the BBB. Be particularly mindful of recent reviews for they can paint a picture of the company in its current state.
Licensed and Insured. Movers that travel across state lines are required to have a DOT number and a motor carrier number. Some states require a DOT number irrespective of whether or not they cross state lines. There is also a ProMover program offered by American Moving and Storage Association that does background checks and holds their members to certain standards.
Not To Exceed or Binding Quotes. Most companies offer non-binding quotes which means your cost can vary at any time until the move is complete. Instead, seek out a binding quote which ensures the cost of your move won’t end up exceeding the amount quoted. Additional charges should be clearly marked such as walk and travel distance or the use of extra materials.
Part of the reason a moving company exists is to create value for their customers. It is up to you, as the customer, to determine if the value provided outweighs the cost. Some benefits of hiring a moving service includes:
- All the associated costs of moving are in one place. From labor, fuel costs, weight, boxes, packing supplies and the vehicle being used, it will all come under one bill.
- Moving is tough work and extremely laborious. A moving company will take that burden on themselves freeing you for other tasks while also minimizing your exposure to injury risk.
- Movers are licensed and insured so your items are protected in case of something being dropped or if your goods are subjected to an accident on the road.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
Employing a moving company is affordable and also very convenient. Yet there are still some ways for you to save even more.
- Reach out to local grocers in your community and inquire as to the availability of any extra cardboard they may have in the back. They tend to recycle boxes after every shipment and won’t have a problem letting some boxes go if they have any.
- Old towels, washcloths, blankets and newspaper making excellent packing material and insulation. Save money on bubble wrap and filler and use soft items that would be boxed up anyway to preserve your fragile items.
- Yard sales save money on the front end and the back end of your move. By selling your unneeded items, you’ll end up making extra money and then when it’s time to move, you’ll have less to bring with you which will save you on fuel, labor and transport costs.
- Schedule your move date during the colder months and try to avoid the holidays. Movers will offer promotions during slow times.
- Books and media items are some of the heaviest things to move and ultimately will add to your moving cost as much as a small piece of furniture would. Instead, ship your books and media via the USPS’s media mail ahead of time. Depending on the size and weight of your box, it could end up cheaper.
- Moving is a tax deduction. Be sure to retain any receipts when it comes time to file taxes.
- Senior citizens, AAA and AARP members, soldiers and students also may qualify for discounts.
About A-1’s Moving and Storage Services
Below are some of the recent services we have provided to our customers. If you have questions about a particular service or need to know of which direction to look for an answer, then give us a call and we’ll point you where to go.
- Partial/Full service unpacking and packing
- Door to door services
- Off to college moves
- State to state, local and long distance packages
- Auto transport, heavy and large equipment moves
- Commercial, residential and industrial relocations
- National and international moving
- Loading and unloading services
- Special and unique item moves
- Truck rental services
Preparing for a Move
There are a great deal of considerations to take into account when preparing for a move. Especially if you’re moving great distances or are responsible for coordinating a company’s relocation, it can be quite exhausting. In this section we’ll discuss avenues in making your move easy and convenient for all parties involved.
- Kids and pets. Consider having your little ones looked over by a relative or family friend during your move. Moving is a stressful time for animals and young children as their surroundings are changing rapidly around them.
- Make a list. Lists are the golden ticket to a smooth, effortless move. They allow you to be one step ahead of emerging issues and it lets you tackle and delegate them accordingly.
- Prepare your home. Have you boxes distinctly labelled, clear clutter from walking areas and setup a place for your movers to park.
- Change your address. Not only do you need to change your address with the post office but with a myriad of other establishments including schools, doctor’s offices, utilities, BMV, license bureau and your subscriptions.