Cheap Movers in Oneonta
Time and time again, transitioning from one home or business to another has proven to be an incredibly taxing and stressful time period for people. Transplanting a place filled with items is a task that most people will have to undertake in life. The good thing is that since people have been doing it for a long time, there are many able bodied movers that can carry out as much or as little of the task as you’d like. Your move to Oneonta, AL should be about all the new and exciting facets of your new place and not about the duration and obstacles it took to get there. With A-1, you’ll be able to enjoy your new Alabama home without the fuss.
When Hiring Professional Movers
There are some tried and true qualities of a moving organization that should take precedence in your decision making process. Things like, consistent praise and reviews online. People spending time commenting on their experience with said mover will probably give you a relatable experience. You will also want to work with a mover who is willing to give an in home price for your move. Companies that are only willing to give quotes online may be setting you up with unforeseen future charges.
How to Choose the Right Mover
A mover that is ideal for someone else may not be ideal for you depending on the size and scope of your move. The best route one can go is to weigh their options and make the most informed decision possible. Compare estimates and make sure they are given to you at your home or place of business. You will also want to make sure your prospective mover has a DOT and motor carrier number along with state required insurance practices.
Benefits of Hiring a Mover
- You will be more effective towards other parts of your move while the movers are handling the laborious aspects.
- Your belongings will be insured and transported safely and efficiently.
- Movers have the correct equipment to transplant any items you might have. Using the correct equipment reduces injury risk along with potentially damaged items.
- It won’t be necessary to make multiple trips or have to run out and get more packaging material when you employ a local moving company.
- You will be at significantly less likely to hurt yourself hauling some of the heavier items.
The Cost of Moving
From the surface it may be difficult to see, but hiring a local mover actually saves you money. You won’t have to go out and pick up extra supplies, pay additionally for gas, or pay friends to help facilitate your move. Most movers are one stop shops in this regard so the price you receive in your in home estimate is the price you will pay. Additionally, how much value do you place on peace of mind? Those with moving experience can attest that the convenience, safety and stress reduction more than pays for itself. If the prospect of hiring a mover to do a full service move seems daunting, there are quite a few ways you can save money on your own end.
- Avoid moving items you plan on getting rid of and try to donate or make sales off the things you no longer need.
- Who knew that being organized could save you money. Having your items packed smartly and organized by room will reduce the time commitment of your movers and the commitment from your wallet.
- Avoid holidays and peak seasons like the spring and summer when you look to move. You should be able to lock in cheaper price on movers and fuel expense if you do this.
- Box up as much as you can and garner cardboard and extra packaging from local grocery stores in your town. They tend to recycle and throw away excess anyway so it will not come across as being inconvenient.
- Your moving expenses are a tax deduction, so any costs associated with your move you should hang onto. They will be valuable come tax season.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A-1’s Moving and Storage Services
A-1 comes packed to the gills with moving, transport, storage and delivery options. There is not a project too big or small and we are confident we can find a happy medium. Here are some the services offered through A-1 Auto Transport:
- Local, Regional, State to State and International Relocations
- Apartment, Condo, Studio, Hotel and Penthouse Moves
- Partial and Full Packing Options
- Partial and Full Service Moving Options
- Overseas Transports, Auto Transport, Heavy and Large Equipment Moves
- Office Moves
- Residential, Industrial and Commercial
- Catered Storage Solutions, Recycling Services and Door Delivery
Preparing for a Move
When moving day is around the corner, there are a few things one can do to ease the burden before the day comes. Do your best not to pack and move on the same day, having it done before you move will help make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. Also do your best to clear the driveway, pathways and hallways of debris and clutter. If possible, try to have a parking spot ready for your movers. Whether it be in the street or your driveway, this will further reduce time delays. You may also want to consider a tasklist for the weeks leading up to moving day. A sample checklist would include:
- Change of address with post office, doctor’s and school
- Garage sale
- Create an inventory sheet to compare with upon arrival
- Address home repairs to retain deposit
- Get vehicles serviced
- Gather all personal documents, have them together
- Update voter registration
- Transfer gas, water, electric and internet bills
- Have a friend watch the kids and pets
- Update driver’s license and insurance
When you move into your new place of residence or business, the post office will send you an envelope stuffed to the brim with coupons. Many of those offerings are for new residents of their community and sometimes you can save a great deal of money by using them. If you worked with a local mover, ask them as to any community resources for new people in the area.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.