- Northport Cheap Movers Near Me
- Why Hire A Professional Moving Service
- The Cost Of Moving
- How To Lower Moving Costs
- About A-1’S Moving And Storage Services
- Preparing For A Move
Northport Cheap Movers Near Me
There is going to come a day where you say to yourself, “I need to hire a moving company.” And then the realization sets in as to how truly stressful moving is. Research suggests that people will move at least 7 times in their life and is generally the 3rd most stress induced event of one’s lifetime. Whether you are relocating your office, yourself or your family having the transition planned puts you at a great advantage. Moving to and from Northport, Alabama should be a seamless process and A-1 helps ensure it turns out that way.
Why Hire a Professional Moving Service
When deciding between movers there are some qualities to look for that will help ensure a successful move. Irrespective as to why you have to move, making the correct choice for you will make it much easier for all the folks involved. To start, make a pros and cons list weighing the options of hiring professional movers versus doing a self move. After that, focus on determining your optimal strategy in moving forward.
Most companies (especially ones you want to work with) will pride themselves on providing a quality experience. That doesn’t necessarily mean the mover will be a good fit for your needs. If you were to take a look online and read moving company reviews you will find some traits that should be universally desired from your mover. These include a positive online reputation, consistent service delivered over time, license and insurance, and willingness to give up front, in home estimates. Anything lacking in the aforementioned should be considered a red flag.
There are numerous benefits to hiring a moving service, and that includes:
- By hiring a mover, you isolate a majority of the cost in one place. You won’t have to worry about returning trucks, gas, and or supplies since they are in a single expense.
- Experienced movers have knowledge of the area you’re moving to and you won’t have to think on your feet with all of your belongings in a new area. They can also set you up with local businesses and connections that will assist in you integrating into the community.
- Outsourcing movers saves you time and your energy. Once the budget is in check and the logistics have been handled, you still have to load everything up and venture to your new location. With a moving company, all the big and little steps are handled and you’re left with peace of mind. A solid moving company will mitigate much of the uncertainty of packing and transport so you can tend to other facets of your move.
The Cost of Moving
A lot goes into tabulating the cost of transplanting someone’s home or business. Reputable movers will come to your location and give you an in person/on premise estimate that you can hang your hat on. Companies that won’t give an estimate on site can and have been known to, add additional expenses while mid transit (and you’re vulnerable) to squeeze extra dollars from you. Once you have decided on a level of service, you’ll have an estimate in hand to compare to other movers and work down a better price. There is a variety of tasks you can do with a bit of planning to reduce your overall cost and have a more hands on approach with your move.
How to Lower Moving Costs
- Approach local retail stores and ask about their extra cardboard. Purchasing brand new boxes can raise the price of your move dramatically. By seeking out cardboard on your own you will mitigate a large portion of your expense while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Look into planning your move as early as possible, for the more time you allow yourself, the more options you’ll have. For example you’ll have more time to price match quotes, acquire help from friends to pack, garner more cardboard and packing materials amongst a myriad of other advantages. As the 5P’s say, “Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!”.
- Organize a garage sale and donate that of which you don’t sell. You end up making money before your move and save money during your move due to a lighter net weight of your items.
- To save money on packaging materials, gather up socks, linens, blankets and use them as free insulating material! Couple that with saving newspaper ads and extra paper, and you’ll be set in getting your items moved.
- Inquire about promotions and program discounts such as being a AAA member or an AARP member. Senior citizens, armed forces members and students may also be eligible.
- Consider moving during the non peak times of the year. In an attempt to drum up extra business, moving services may cut their price during the slow times of the year.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A-1’s Moving and Storage Services
A-1 Auto Transport offers various moving and storage options for a wide range of needs. A-1 is well versed in reading a customer’s needs and providing a service that works within their budget. Before exploring what option works best for you, here is a summarized list of our moving/transport services.
- Partial and full packing services
- Partial move and full moving services
- Local, national and international moves
- Student, military and senior citizen relocations
- Commercial, residential and industrial moves
- Auto transport, storage solutions, and door to door delivery
- Government moves
- Specialty, large and/or heavy equipment relocations
Preparing for a Move
When you start preparing to move it’s very easy to misfocus on some of your priorities and put more time into the less important things. A fantastic measure to present this is by creating a checklist for yourself. There is no wrong way to do it and you can organize it however you’d like. Pro Tip: Make 3 different checklists. The first being everything that needs done before moving day, the second being everything that needs done on moving day/first night in your new place. Lastly, make a checklist for ongoing concerns once you move in, it will help you cue in on important tasks and let other ones wait.
Here are some other helpful hints to get you “moving” along:
- Create an inventory of all items being transported. It will give you a paper trail in case there are discrepancies with your mover.
- Create open walkways for the transporters of your items. By moving boxes to the sides of rooms and ensuring ample space, the move will go by much smoother.
- Prepare large furniture for moving by removing any doors.
- It is usually advised to have your pets and small children stay with a friend on moving day. It can be very chaotic and stressful for all parties, and having them be with loved ones is ideal.
- Take pictures of your house/business and your items! Not only does it showcase the condition of your house and items beforehand, it can be used in case of any accidental damage.
- Make sure your personal documents are all accounted for and kept separately. Identity theft is on the rise and the garbage cans of folks moving are prime targets for thieves.