Cheap Movers in Mountain Brook
Like most things in life, when you decide to move it’s paramount to weigh your options and work with a company that aligns with your needs and your budget. When having a service transporting your personal or business related goods, there are many details to be mindful of to ensure a successful move to and from Mountain Brook, AL. A1 Auto Transport offers a variety of moving services to get your focus on the more pressing parts of your move.
When Hiring Professional Movers
There are a multitude of reasons to hire a moving company, they can pack your items, transport them from your home and place them in your new place exactly to your specifications. Knowing this, here are some things to look for:
- Check company credentials. If you hire a mover to move between states they must have an identification number issued by the Department of Transportation. If you’re moving within the state, then for the most part movers are unregulated. Some states do require movers to obtain a DOT number.
- Compare estimates. It is generally recommended to get 3 or 4 estimates, particularly of the in-home variety. Look out for estimates that are very low or very high in price or businesses that only operate on the internet, they may be setting you up for a scam. Visit the company’s office and view their moving equipment to get an idea how your things might be handled.
- Review online reputation. For better or worse, online reviews are gaining more and more important when comparing and contrasting moving services. There are many resources available to view this type of information including google.com, yelp.com, facebook.com and bbb.org. Pay particular attention to more recent reviews as they can be more indicative as to the type of experience they currently give.
- Hire local! Working with local movers creates a win-win-win scenario for you, your movers and the community you’re in. Local movers know the ins and outs of the area and usually are members of the community. Keeping your money in the local economy benefits everyone (and the environment). Additionally, working with a local company allows you to learn more about them firsthand. There is also value in meeting your movers before having them transport your home or business.
Different moving companies are going to offer different estimates than their peers. The reasons for their pricing are varied, but all in all hiring a moving service is more affordable than may seem at first glance. Regardless of whether you DIY your move or outsource, there are some fixed expenses you’ll encounter either way including gas, labor, vehicle use and packing supplies to name a few. The benefit of using a moving company is that you won’t have to buy or rent the aforementioned items as they are included in your moving estimate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Money Saving Ideas
Looking to shave a few bucks off your moving expenses? There are plenty of ways to do it!
- Saving newspaper ads, old towels, item packaging and even clothes can help you protect your items if you decide to package your home yourself.
- Give yourself plenty of time to rally friends and get people together to help with some of the lifting.
- Joining/hosting a garage sale or a flea market will fill your pockets while lightening the load you’ll be bringing with you.
- Price match estimates to see which business will lower their cost to earn your business.
- Get organized! Organized packaged items fit more compactly and save you time and money.
- There isn’t anything as cost saving as when you have to use your purchased insurance plan. While insurance may seem like an afterthought, it is incredibly useful in case of an accident or a moving company being derelict in their responsibilities.
- Seek out promotions from the different moving companies you talk to. They may offer discounts if you’re a student, military, senior citizen, AAA or AARP member. You may save money by moving during off peak seasons and/or by scheduling your move far in advance.
About A-1’s Moving and Storage Services
A-1 Auto Transport has been a moving industry leader for numerous decades and has created a catalog of service that range from packing to storage solutions. Other services include:
- Home, apartment, penthouse and condo moves
- Commercial and industrial moves
- Local, intrastate, national and international moves
- Disposal and recycling services
- Equipped to move heavy items, automobiles, and large equipment
- Tiered packaging and moving services
- Student, military, and senior relocations
- Door to door delivery services
Don’t hesitate to inquire if your mover offers services you’re considering even if they aren’t listed on the company’s website. Having a local company representative on the phone will answer most of your questions hastily and as always, you can call A-1 with any questions you have.
Preparing for a Move
When moving is an inevitability, it can be difficult to know what to prioritize first. With all that you have to consider, giving yourself as much time as possible to make solid decisions would be the best place to start. Generally, anywhere around 2 months to pre-plan should give you ample time to tend to premove responsibilities. Around this time would be wise to start putting together a checklist of everything you need to tend to before moving day. The list will be numerous, but some classic examples are cancelling or redirecting subscriptions, filling out change of address forms or just using up the food in the fridge!
Another great way to prepare for an upcoming move is to create an inventory list of all the items you are moving. Many websites will let you print off inventory checklists or you could craft one yourself. Your movers, in all likelihood, will have an inventory list for their truck so it’s just a good idea to have your own version to compare in case of any discrepancies. If you decide to pack your items yourself, you will have firsthand knowledge of where your items are and how many are transporting to your new place.