Insights to moving in Marshalltown, Iowa
Arguably, since the deregulation of the moving industry, Iowa market has seen a rise in Marshalltown cheap moving companies. Relocation process which was stressful and hectic in the past has now turned smooth and affordable. Unfortunately, the city has also seen the mushrooming of rogue and unscrupulous moving companies. Customers who fall prey to their too good to be true prices have ended up paying more for moving services provided. Many have complained that once they load your belongings onto their moving truck, they start revealing their hidden charges. Some customers have ended up paying twice or even thrice the price of the initial quote
With the diverse type of movers in the market, finding a mover that can be trusted with your items can be a nightmare. It is thus essential to seek advice from friends or relatives who have moved before. Your local real estate agent can also point you in the right direction.
Moving options available
We all wish for a smooth and stress-free moving day. The following approaches can help you move conveniently;
a) Do it yourself
This perhaps is the most common way of moving today. This moving option is considered the cheapest and efficient by a number of people. With this option you have three choices; move all your household goods and furniture using your vehicle, rent moving trucks or use a self-service moving container company.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Renting a moving truck: This choice is one of popular choice for both short and long-distance moves. When moving, you rent a truck and moving your belongings all by yourself. A large-capacity truck is recommendable in this case since it is easier to load and unload than a personal car. A large truck accommodates more hence reducing return trips or even avoiding them all together.
- Self-service moving: Such a do it yourself choice entails the use of portable storage containers. In this case, a moving company avails moving containers to your home or office. You do the packing and loading by yourself. Once the container is full, the moving company transports it to your destination. This option is preferred by most customers who want to cut down moving costs while moving easily and conveniently.
- Traditional moving: With such a do it yourself moving option, you get friends, and family members help you with the packing and loading of your items. In this case, you use your car or your friend’s to transport your belongings. Once you are at your destination they also help you unload and unpack your items. Though this option is the least expensive, it is so exhaustive since you have to handle all the packing, loading, unloading and unpacking yourself.
b) Moving companies
There are many moving companies in the market offering commercial moving services. Moving companies are preferred because they employ modern equipment and have highly skilled workforce. Though some moving companies provide their services at high prices, they ensure you get to your destination on time. These movers are familiar with interstate and even cross-country moves
Tips for having the best moving experience
- Do not rely on estimates done over the phone. Your mover should send a representative to assess your items.
- Check your mover’s customer reviews and ratings in the market. A mover with a higher score is likely to offer the best services.
- Hire a moving company with experience. Such a company is with highly trained and experienced movers.
- Ensure your mover is licensed and insured.
- Ask if your mover has sufficient moving and storage facilities for your items.
- Ensure you get all-inclusive prices from your mover and not an estimate. Ensure it covers everything including heavy lifting services.
- Hire professional movers
Professional Marshalltown cheap movers, will guarantee you a stress-free relocation. Before relocating, visit your mover’s office and ask all questions you may have. You can also give them a call, and one of their courteous personnel will attend to you. Whether it’s a local or long distance move, we hope you move conveniently.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.