Cheap Movers in Maricopa
People need to move for various reasons these days. From changes in employment to needing additional space for a growing business, the type of move varies with every person or organization. Given the rapid population influx to the southwest these days, there have emerged many moving companies ready to take on business in and out of Maricopa, AZ. With such a wide selection of able bodied movers waiting for employ, it’s important to put forth diligent effort in sifting through potential moving candidates. Considering they will be handling your personal possessions, trust is an important aspect of every successful moving relationship.
Hiring Professional Movers
Making the decision to hire a professional moving service should come after you take inventory of your moving needs. A fantastic aspect of modern moving companies is that they offer different levels of service from renting a moving truck to full service packaging and hauling options. Once you’ve determined the scope of your needs, you’ll want to research a handful of companies and gauge the information that’s out there. Most movers work across state lines, and if your potential mover does then they’re required to have a USDOT number issued by the FMCSA.
Choosing the right mover sometimes comes down to personal preference but there are other resources to consider. Online review platforms that you’ll find from companies such as Yelp, Facebook and Google will get you on your way when narrowing down companies. The Better Business Bureau along with state level platforms are also good places to explore movers. When you’re ready to start collecting estimates be sure your mover is willing to schedule and in home review. The more thorough they are when walking through your residence, the more accurate their estimate is bound to be. Inquire about not to exceed and binding quotes as these types of estimates guarantee you the quoted price without the chance of a markup somewhere along the line.
The Cost of Moving
The cost of a mover varies between every one of us depending on our budget, size of the belongings and the distance of the relocation. One of the many benefits of hiring a mover is that the final price is a lot lower then one might think. Moving day is a multistep process and a professional moving service has workers that are experienced and skilled in every facet of the move. Some of these skills include:
- Your movers know how to pack efficiently and safely, for they do it for a living!
- Moving companies have the correct equipment to handle large and awkward sized items. This means hastier and safer loading and unloading.
- Moving trucks can haul a large amount of cargo and your movers have modern, fuel efficient vehicles to do this.
- Workers for moving companies are fit and used to the repetitive lifting and hauling a move requires. Their bodies are conditioned for this type of work and it reduces the risk of injury for everyone involved.
Even when hiring a moving service you may still be interested in reducing your overall moving expense. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to pack your items yourself. Beginning at least 2 months in advance, packing your own items allows you to part with and/or sell items you wouldn’t have had a chance to otherwise. Movers have boxing requirements so if you end up hiring them it’d be wise to inquire as to their packaging guidelines. There are other ways you can save money when getting ready to move:
- If you have a large media collection of books, cds and/or dvds, the post office offers significantly discounted rates to ship these items.
- Use blankets and linens to insulate fragile items while filling your boxes.
- Moving is a tax deduction so be sure to save all your receipts during the process.
- Avoid moving during the holiday season, weekends and the summer months to save money during the industry’s slow times.
- Sell or donate any items you don’t want in your new place. You’ll save money in reducing the weight of your transport and make money in the meantime!
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Many modern movers offer a suite of services that are likely to accommodate most people’s moving needs. The difference between movers can oftentimes be subtle and choosing between them can be difficult. At A-1, we want to walk you through the process and create an outcome that’s in your best interest. With decades of transport experience we offer the following services:
- All types of residential, commercial and industrial relocations or transports
- Packaging services
- Moving supplies
- Large item and heavy equipment transports
- Specialty relocations
- Vehicle transport
- Storage and recycling options
- Door to door delivery
- Free included insurance
- Satellite tracking
Preparing for a Move
The desired result of moving day is that everything gets transported safely and that you enjoy your first day in your new home or place of business. Much of moving is the culmination of efforts exercised in the weeks leading up to the transition. If you’re given time to plan your move, then doing so well in advance is a good decision. On the very same day, you should start using a notebook to collect and breakdown the numerous tasks involved in a successful move. Your notebook could include:
- Pages designated for “Things To Do” before moving day
- An inventory list of all your items including their respective boxes
- A partition for saving receipts to use towards tax season
- Budgeting notes
- Items to include in your bag for your first night in your new home
The day before the movers are scheduled to arrive you can do a handful of things to make the day go as smoothly as possible. From parking availability for your movers to cleared hallways and walkways, all of this will help hasten the workers. If you packed your items, having them off to the sides of the rooms and packed to your mover’s specifications will also go a long way in speeding up the day. You can choose to protect your carpets and floors by laying down plastic along busy corridors. Offering your workers refreshments is a solid gesture and will only motivate them to continue to handle your items with care.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.