Cheap Movers in Madison
When you’re looking to relocate your home, office, or vehicle, then look no further. A-1 Auto Transport specializes in a full suite of moving solutions so you can focus on that of which is important, your move! Contrary to common belief hiring a professional moving service does save you time and money. Here at A1, we have specialists at the ready to hear your needs and align you with the type of move that’s within your budget. Whether you want to defer all the heavy lifting to the movers, or you want to DIY as much as you can, we have you covered.
Why Hire Professional Movers?
There are numerous advantages to hiring a moving service out Madison, AL to carry out your relocation. Having your items entrusted with insured, professional movers gives a peace of mind that may not be had otherwise. In addition to your peace of mind, there are other tangible benefits to consider when going this route, including
- Movers are equipped to handle a wide variety of furniture and other large household belongings. From use of the correct straps and dollies to air cushions and temperature controlled cargo holds to ensure safe transport of your home.
- Using a professional moving service is often times less expensive than doing it yourself. How so? When it comes to moving, much of the cost is a fixed expense you would pay for anyway such as gas, packing materials, labor and a transport truck. The difference is since movers use materials at volume, they tend to get cheaper prices and have a bigger hauling capacity and space vs. a pickup truck or a van for example.
- When you hire A1 for your moving needs, your items are insured for the duration of the relocation arrangement. Different levels of insurance are offered and in some cases are invaluable if something were to happen at any stage of the process.
- Transplanting you and your family from one space to another is difficult as it is. When you employ a moving service, it frees up your valuable time for other aspects of the transition.
How to Find the Right Mover
When looking for a moving company it’s all about a good fit. You entrust these people to move the entirety of you and your family’s possessions, sometimes over great distances, so you want to make sure you find the right one. Fortunately enough, modern technology has given us the smartphone and the computer. With these you will find more than enough data to get a good list of companies you would consider doing business with. Some things to look for are:
- Review Sites. The Internet has a bevy of websites that allow people to give their personal, anecdotal experience of their interaction with local moving companies. A google search will provide you with a list of movers, but how can you make any sense of that? To start, search for “professional movers near me” or use the Google Maps function and turn on the location feature (or manually select your location). Google populate a list of movers who would like to earn your business. Amidst all those businesses you’ll see personal reviews, contact information, lists of services and much more. Compare and contrast these different movers in reference to your needs to help come up with a decision.
- Telephone Call. Sometimes hearing another human give information about a company is a better, more personal way to digest it. With a phone call you can ask specific questions and get the answers immediately (Google may take more time to find exact information). This is also a good avenue to compare quotes and to see if that mover you’d really like to work for you would be willing to lower their price.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.As they say, a happy customer is sometimes a company’s best sales representative and a good referral can sometimes be a win-win-win situation. Using social media or talking to friends that have moved recently can give you some personal insight into how said moving company performed for them. It also might allow you and your referral buddy to receive a discount from the mover for the positive word of mouth.
The Cost of Moving
As with most things in life, taking the expense of a service into account is a very necessary step. When considering a big moving truck, movers and your entire home being loaded and unloaded, it can feel like a daunting and pricey situation, but it doesn’t have to be. With moving companies offering different levels of service along with some smart planning on your part, you can cut into the overall cost pretty substantially. Here are some ways to save some money when moving.
- Packaging your own items ahead of time can save a substantial amount of money. The only caveat is that movers can sometimes be very specific about the type of materials they will load and unload from their trucks so be sure to check ahead of time.
- You can garner packing supplies from most retail locations in the community you live in. Many businesses receive product in cardboard boxes and most are kind enough to give them to people.
- Seek out discounted promotions whether they are seasonal offerings or price matched from their competitors. They may offer discounts for former and current military members, senior citizens and students.
- Insuring your cargo ultimately is the safest way to move to your new home. Especially if something negative were to occur, you’d be completely covered and it will lessen your worry throughout the process.
About A-1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A-1 Auto Transport is your ally in getting the right moving company for your needs. Even if that means deferring to a competitor, we will. We offer a host of services for a variety of moves. As always, we welcome a conversation to discuss any particulars of your move that aren’t addressed below by our list of services.
We offer local and long distance moves, state to state moves, apartment and studio moves, heavy furniture moves, full and partial packing services, international transplants, office moves, heavy and oversized cargo moves and a wide variety of storage solutions.
Preparing for a Move
When preparing to move, it’s a good idea to start a few weeks ahead of time in getting a list together of what needs done and its order of importance. It’s also a good idea to start packing areas of the house that won’t be missed while waiting for moving day. This will allow you to get an idea of how many boxes and other moving supplies you just might need before the time comes. We often times recommend to our customers to make a checklist of things they need to do before they move, what needs done on moving day, and for the first couple nights in your new home. A list compartmentalized into different time frames will help ease the stress that comes with moving while also allowing you to be on top of what needs done.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.