Cheap Movers in Lake Havasu City
Moving is a consequential affair in which seemingly minute details can snowball into chaos if solid planning and organization aren’t in place. With Lake Havasu City being one of the many growing cities in Arizona, you’ll want to rely on a company with a breadth of experience to handle the multitude of moving situations a community requires. When working with A1 Auto Transport, a variety of services and packages are available to you at competitive cost. If we best can’t suit your needs, we can align you with an organization who can. A worry free, efficient move is what every customer should expect when relocating and it’s in every quality business’s interest to ensure that happens.
Hiring Professional Movers
Moving companies come in different shapes and sizes much like in most industries. Small businesses can compete with larger institutions by offering discounted rates to earn repeat/referral business from their satisfied clients. A good indicator of a business that performs quality work is to gauge their online reputation by viewing websites such as www.google.com, www.facebook.com and www.bbb.org. A interest of more importance would be reviews placed within the past 6 months. Recent reviews can be indicative of the satisfaction you’ll experience from your movers.
There are legal considerations your movers need to abide by in order to remain able to do business within the community. If your mover transports goods across state lines then they are required to have a registered USDOT number with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). You can research prospective movers by searching their business name or USDOT number on the FMCSA website and use their mover search tool. Individual states have different requirements from movers and information can be acquired by viewing your state’s Attorney General’s website.
If you have found quality, reputable movers that are up to par but are still on the fence as to whether or not to hire one, here are a few key benefits employing a moving service brings.
- The near entirety of your moving expense is on a single invoice. From fuel and laborers to packaging and truck services.
- The physical portions of your move is deferred to a licensed, contracted company, thus limiting your risk of injury.
- Movers provide convenience and stress relief when working with the right company.
- Employing movers means you won’t have to make multiple trips from your former location to your new one.
The Cost of Moving
A common thought about the moving industry is that hiring a mover carries an extreme price tag and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Considering the amount of work that goes into packaging, loading,/unloading and transporting items, there’s a strong case to be made that hiring a mover saves you money and time. As with most areas in life, there are ways to further discount your moving cost and that includes:
- Obtaining as many free and discounted packing supplies as you can will save money on your moving cost. Cardboard and paper can be acquired from large retail stores while packing tape can be found cheaply at local dollar outlets.
- Hosting a garage sale, posting items online for sale and donating unused goods to a local charity are all good ways to save money on your move.
- You can further cut costs from your moving expense by moving during the non busy/peak times of the year. Times to avoid include holidays, weekends and the warmer months of the year if at all possible.
- You may be able to garner additional discounts if you’re a member of an organization such as AAA or AARP. Other savings may be available for students, senior citizens and members of the Armed Forces.
- By employing a mover, your items are covered under their basic insurance policy which usually only covers liability. Additional coverage is sometimes made available if you deem it necessary.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 Auto Transport is a full service moving company with nationwide and overseas transport capabilities. Over the years we’ve continually added to our service suite to further expand our convenience and accessibility to our satisfied customers. We offer a host of services including, but not limited to:
- Industrial relocations and transports
- High rise, commercial and office moves
- Residential, penthouse and college moves
- Local, nationwide and overseas moving options
- Auto transport services
- Heavy equipment and large item moves
- Storage, recycling and delivery options
Preparing for a Move
A successful move is contingent on a range of factors, most of which are under your control thankfully enough. Once you’ve made the decision the move and found a property to your liking, you’ll want to schedule your movers at least 2 months in advance. This will give you plenty of opportunity to tend to the laundry list of things to do when preparing your relocation. Planning is important for a move to be safe, efficient and stress free for all parties involved.
To help with your planning, we highly recommend making weekly checklists leading up to moving day. Many of moving’s most important tasks take place prior to moving day itself such as:
- Changing your address with the post office, schools, the license bureau, utilities and the many other institutions you do business with.
- Scheduling internet installation.
- Planning the layout of your new place.
- Packaging your items up to your mover’s standards PRIOR to moving day. It’ll end up costing you extra money if your movers have to wait for your items to be sealed up.
On the day of your move you’ll want to create a space for your movers that’s hazard free with open walkways to and from their truck. Be sure to secure reasonable parking for your mover’s trucks and consider placing plastic down along carpets to protect them from foot traffic. Small children and pets can become stressed during a move and it’s sometimes best to have them stay with a sitter until the relocation is complete. Having cold drinks or extra cash on hand to tip your movers for a job well done is an option as well.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.