Cheap Movers in Kodiak
Whether you’re looking forward to your move out of Kodiak, Alaska or not, the time has come to say goodbye. Instead of worrying about how you’re ever going to get through the relocation, hire a professional moving company. Believe it or not, they aren’t nearly as expensive as you think. Matter of fact, employing a mover is your safest and cheapest option. Although Kodiak isn’t the most populated city with only a little over 6,000 residents, you can most certainly find an experienced, affordable moving company nearby. In this article we will go on to explain how to find a moving company, how to figure out the cost of your move, and how to adequately prepare for your move. We will also go ahead and showcase some of our most sought after services offered here at A1.
Hiring Professional Movers
The act of finding a moving company you can trust is as simple as jumping online. Use your favorite Internet driven device to look up the most affordable movers nearest your property in Kodiak. Once your search engines draws up the results, go through all your options carefully. Look for certain traits and qualities that stand out, such as…
- All moving companies must have their license through the state. They must also have a registered number with the USDOT and any other valid certifications and authorizations.
- Moving companies must uphold their promise to meet the insurance guidelines set by their state.
- They should accurate contact information posted on their website and customer service reps ready to take phone calls and address customers’ concerns.
- They must have the right services for your type of relocation.
- Great ratings and reviews are especially important. Check the Internet for review sites to see what other customers have to say about their experience with the company.
What Are Some of the Ways I’ll Benefit from Employing a Moving Company?
- More of your time is free so that you can handle other matters involving the relocation.
- You won’t have as much to stress about and you will have less responsibilities.
- You won’t be at risk or expected to perform laborious tasks.
- Your stuff is kept safe with trained professionals and protected even more under the mover’s insurance policy.
- Your move will go along much quicker.
- You will have help and professional guidance every step of the way.
The Cost of Moving
The price you pay for moving services through a relocation company is reliant on so many factors that it is too hard for a moving company to give you an exact total right away. That’s why a lot of movers will provide online moving cost calculators or free, quick quotes over the phone. These quotes are non-binding agreements that serve to give you some insight as to what you may pay out for services through that particular mover. Many people use these quotes as a reference when they are comparing movers in their area.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
To get an accurate price for your move, the moving company may suggest an in-house evaluation. For this, they will come to your Kodiak property to count the numbers of rooms, check out the home’s layout and the obstacles it may present, determine how many workers are needed, how much time they may need, how much stuff you have to pack and move, and last but not least, they will determine what size truck is needed. After collecting this newfound data, they will consider the other things that affect the cost of a move such as…
- Price of gas per gallon at the time of the transport
- The exact weight of your things as taken once on the truck
- The number of miles there are to travel between both properties
- What services are needed or desired by the customer
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Not all movers strive to assist all kinds of relocations. Some of them simply aren’t equipped to handle certain types of moves. So, as you look for a mover, make sure they have the services you seek or that they can at least modify your plan. Nevertheless, you can always come to A1. We have such a broad spectrum of services that we know we have a solution for everyone in need of relocation assistance. Here is a brief list of some of the things we have to offer…
- Local relocations
- Long distance relocations
- Commercial moving
- Residential moving
- Auto and heavy equipment transports
- Heavy furniture moving
- Office relocations
- International moves
- Cross country moving
- Military moves
- Campus moves
- Full packing services
- Full service moving
- Insurance packages
- Different storage options and more…
Contact us to ask any questions you might have, to receive a free quote, and to give us the opportunity to explain how we can customize your plan according to your needs and budget.
Preparing for a Move
There is no better way to do your part in helping than by preparing for the arrival of the professionals on the moving date scheduled. There are many things you can do to get ready for the relocation but by at least fulfilling the things on the list below, you will keep everyone and everything (your belongings) safer. Here is how you can prepare for the move…
- Have somewhere spacious for the moving truck to park. Try to have this space as near to the entryway as possible but make sure that it is on solid ground, preferably a driveway or paved surface.
- Clean out your home from any clutter and debris that might cause problems for the movers as they come in to move your stuff out.
- Get someone to take the pets and kids on both moving dates.
- Change your address and switch over the utilities.
- Put all the documentation requested by the mover somewhere that you won’t forget so that you can hand it to them as soon as they get there.
- Put all boxes neatly against the walls of the rooms they were packed in. They should all be clearly labeled with marker. You may also want to write out an inventory list.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.