Cheap Movers in Ketchikan
In and near Ketchikan, Alaska you’ll be able to find several reliable yet inexpensive moving companies. Ketchikan may not be the most populated city in the U.S. but that certainly doesn’t mean that your relocation will be made any easier. Hiring professional movers is your safest and absolute greatest bet. Not to mention, it’s also your cheapest option. That’s right. Moving companies are cheaper to hire for help than what you would pay out to move all on your own after renting or buying all the right gear and materials. So, find a trustworthy moving company by using the Internet as your tool. Below, we have decided to give you some expert advice on how to find the mover right for your relocation out of Ketchikan.
Hiring Professional Movers
If you are still uncertain about the idea of hiring movers, maybe you should learn of how they will benefit your circumstances. Here are just some of the many advantages that movers provide…
- More time to resolve other matters before the move takes place
- Less stress and less risk involved
- Your stuff is in safe hands and also protected by insurance coverage
- You can expect your relocation to move along much faster
- You will spend a lot less
- You will have a lot more options to choose from
- You will receive expert advice and guidance through the moving company’s customer service reps
Now that you know just how much a mover can benefit you, here are the things that you should look for in a mover so that you are certain they are a trustworthy choice for your relocation out of Ketchikan...
- Look for information regarding the mover’s insurance policy. If you can’t find any info on their website, call and inquire. All moving companies are demanded by their state to provide so much insurance protection to each and every customer.
- They should have their license from the State of Alaska, registration with the DOT, and other pertinent certifications.
- Their reputation should be undeniable. They should have phenomenal reviews and ratings.
- They should have an easy to navigate website full of information regarding the company, their services and their rates, along with accurate contact information.
- They should offer the right services at the right rates or at least have the ability to modify a plan for you.
- Customer service reps should be readily available at least during business hours. They should also be able to assist all customers with their concerns.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
To figure out the actual cost of your move, the movers must first perform an evaluation of your property. They will take this opportunity to walk through your home, scoping out the rooms and amount of stuff there is to move. They will determine what truck is needed and how many workers and time it may take. The information learned is then combined with the following data before an honest cost is calculated and presented in the Bill of Lading…
- How much gas prices are per gallon at the time the move is to take place
- How many miles they must travel between both locations
- What services you seek
- Whether or not you can take advantage of any price reductions offered through the mover
- The weight of your belongings (weighed once loaded onto the truck)
What Are Non-Binding Quotes?
You’re probably wondering why it is that movers offer free, quick estimates on their websites or by phone if they aren’t actual depictions of what your move will cost. Well although these figures aren’t honest totals, they are close enough to give you some sort of idea as to what to expect if you were to hire that mover for help. These non-binding quotes are very purposeful as you’re hunting for a moving company to help. Use the quotes you’ve gathered as well as the rest of the info you’ve learned to help you make a sound decision.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 has a plethora of moving and storage services to choose between. Unlike other movers in the area, we take great strides to offer a large variety of services and features so that we can help anyone looking for a reliable and cheap mover. Even if you don’t see a service listed below or on our website, it doesn’t mean we can’t help you. We are able to tailor most plans to suit our customers’ needs better. Here are some examples of what we can provide to those in need of relocation services…
- Commercial Moving
- Office Moving
- Retail Moving
- Residential Moving
- Military Moves
- Door to Door Delivery
- Full Service Packing
- Packing Supplies and Materials for Sale
- Heavy Furniture Moving
- Auto Transport Services
- Full Moving Services
- Student Relocations
- High Priority Services
- Long Distance Moving
- Overseas Relocations
- Local Relocations
- Multiple Insurance Packages and More…
Preparing for a Move
Since the moving company takes on a majority of the responsibility, you will have very few obligations. Nevertheless, the responsibilities you do have are extremely important to fulfill in time. Perhaps your biggest obligation is to prepare for the day the movers are due to show up at your Ketchikan property for the loading process. By having everything ready accordingly, you will keep everyone safe and the entire move going along as it should. Here is how you can help prepare…
- Pick up all the clutter and mess throughout the home so that there aren’t any obstacles in the way of the movers as they try to collect your things to load onto the truck.
- A parking spot nearest to the entrance of your home is always best. Make sure it is on solid ground since the truck is heavy.
- Don’t have any children or animals present at the home on moving day.
- Keep track of everything you must do by carrying around a checklist at all times.
- Prepare the right documents for the movers as per their requests.
- Change your address with the postal service as well as transfer utility companies.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.