Cheap Movers in Juneau
While the prospect of moving out of Juneau, Alaska may be exciting to you, the thought of hiring a moving company is something you may find intimidating. Well, don’t let it intimidate you. It is a common misconception that hiring a moving company for help with your relocation will drain your bank account. When in fact, hiring a mover is cheaper than carrying out a move all on your own. Considering most reliable movers will have access to the latest technologies and equipment, it is no surprise that they cost less. They already have everything they need to safely carry out a move so you don’t have to worry about buying or renting a thing. To help you find the right mover for hire, continue reading. We will guide you with some invaluable advice.
Hiring Professional Movers
Since hiring professional movers in your best interest, you may be wondering why that necessarily is. Well, we already informed you that it will cost you less so what else is there that you could possibly benefit from?
- You will have more time on your hands to focus your attention on other facets of the move such as job transfers, travel plans, etc.
- There are less risks involved in the entire process. Not only will you bes at less risk but so will your things.
- Your property will be protected under the mover’s insurance plan.
- You won’t have to perform any laborious tasks if you choose full packing services or full service moving.
- Your move will go along more successfully and timely with professionals carrying for it all.
Now that you are aware of all the advantages that come with employing a moving company, here is what you should look for in a mover to ensure you’re hiring someone you can rely on…
- They have certifications proving their success in the industry as well as state licensing and a registration number with the USDOT.
- All legitimate moving companies must abide by the insurance laws set by the state they’re located in (in this case, Alaska).
- They should offer the type of moving services you seek or a number of services and features you can consider. Some moving companies even offer to tailor your plan accordinging to your needs and budget.
- They should have years of experience and meticulous training programs for their employees.
- Make sure their rep is good. Look through review sites to see if the movers you have interest in carry a positive reputation and high ratings.
- Check out their rates and make sure they are within reason. Also make sure that they don’t expect any of the money upfront.
The Cost of Moving
The cost of your move is reliant on quite a few things. In fact, most movers won’t hand out a binding agreement with an accurate cost until they have performed an inspection of your Juneau property or sometimes, not until the entire relocation has taken place. If you’re at all curious as to what the movers will look for when they come into your home for an inspection, here is what they will gather…
- The number of rooms in the home and the difficulties it may present
- How much property there is to pack and transport
- If there’s adequate parking space
- How much labor and time they believe it may take
- What size moving truck may be necessary
Once they have the answers they seek, the movers will then combine that info with the following factors…
- How much gas costs at the time
- The time of year and whether or not there are promotions running
- What services you chose to purchase
- The miles that must be traveled to complete the move
Of course, many moving companies offer quick estimates too. However, these aren’t completely honest totals. Based on bits of information that they gather from you, they will quickly calculate what they assume it may cost around. You can use these quick online quotes as you compare movers in the region.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
There aren’t a lot of movers out there that take pride in offering a variety of moving solutions like A1 does. Because of our extensive networking capabilities and lengthy history in the moving industry, we have access to all the best moving gear and technology. Therefore, we’re able to help nearly everyone that comes to us looking for help with their relocation. It doesn’t matter how small or big their relocation is or even what kind of relocation it is. We are certain we can help even if we must modify your plan a little. Here are some of the services we like to offer our customers…
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- Cross Country Moves
- International Moves
- Heavy Equipment and Motor Vehicle Transports
- Heavy Furniture Moving
- Office Relocations
- Commercial Relocations
- Warehouse and Industrial Relocations
- Storage Options
- Military Base Moves
- Dorm to Dorm Moves
Preparing for a Move
If you are obligated for anything during the process of relocation it is the preparation. Preparing for a move is especially important. By getting certain things ready such as your home, you are keeping everyone working on the relocation safe which also helps protect your things further. So, to get you started, here are some ways you can prepare for the move and do your part in the relocation process…
- Change your address with the US Postal Service and transfer utilities
- Pick up your home and make sure there is nothing on the floor, hanging from the ceiling or in the way of the movers
- Have all your stuff packed and labeled
- Make sure there is no one other than yourself in the home on the day the movers are due to arrive
- There must be a parking spot for the truck that is nearest to the entrance of the home as possible
- If you wish for the movers to work as efficiently as possible, have water and even snacks prepared for their arrival
- Make sure you gather the driver’s contact information before they head to the next location
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org