Cheap Movers in Jacksonville
Cheap movers in Jacksonville aren’t hard to come by. It’s finding a distinguished, honest moving company that’s a little harder. With some advice from the experts however, you’ll find that you’re equipped with all the knowledge you need to feel certain about the mover that you choose to hire. We could make it easy and tell you to just give us a call here at A1 since we know we’re capable of handling nearly any type of relocation, but we’d like you to make your own decisions. So, we’re going to make sure you know what to look for as you search the Internet for the right mover.
Hiring Professional Movers
Jumping on the web to search for movers is the simplest and most effective way to look for a moving company you can trust with your property. You’ll likely pull up many movers near your home in Jacksonville but only one of them is fit for the job. How do you ever choose? Well, by looking for specific traits and finding a mover that showcases most, if not all of the characteristics you’re about to learn of, you will have found your perfect moving company.
Attributes All Dedicated Movers Should Have
- Every state has the authority to set the insurance stipulations in which all licensed moving companies within their perimeters must obey. The coverage demanded by the states typically only protects a portion of your things’ value. Although some movers may offer supplemental insurance packages to those who want better to full coverage.
- Any relocation company with deep roots in the industry should manage to keep affirmative notoriety.
- The movers’ websites you look through online should offer services that meet your needs when it comes to your relocation. Many movers provide various services including affordable expedited services, storage solutions and more.
- Recognized movers should all have licensing, certifications and other valid forms of proof of their legitimacy.
- Their employees should be trained, educated and have what it takes to safely carry out whatever relocation they’re assigned to.
- The mover should have prepared customer service reps that can answer your questions and ease any concerns you might have with educated, informative guidance.
The Cost of Moving
To name an exact price on your moving services is impractical until particular details are learned. A moving company must take several things into deliberation before they can give their customers a final bill. By all means, your mover understands that you’ll want a total for moving services through them before you agree to their contract. So for them to give you a price, they’ll presumably want to perform an appraisal of your property. To do this, they will schedule a day to come to your Jacksonville home to count rooms, see the amount of belongings you own including bulky furniture and large pieces, and for a general once-over of your property.
There are other conditions that your mover will have to consider including…
- The average fuel cost at the time of the relocation
- The amount of time and labor it takes to complete the job
- Time of year and kind of climate
- The mileage between your home in Jacksonville and your new place of residency
- What services you’re interested in
Ways to Save Even More
- Throwing a garage sale is not only a great approach to earning some cash but it will minimize the amount of money you spend on moving services. The less the handlers have to move and transport, the less money it’ll cost you for their assistance.
- Even though it’s especially formal to use brand new, high quality packaging materials and supplies, there are some alternative materials you can use. Newspapers, linens, Styrofoam plates, plastic sheets, tarps, and other such elements can be used to stuff boxes, wrap furniture and protect glass items.
- Rather than buying full packing services you could choose to pack up your home with the help of friends and family.
- Ask about discounts and see if you’re eligible for any reductions on your bill. Sometimes movers will hold seasonal sales and deals too.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Unlike a lot of other moving companies, A1 has the ability to assist and guide almost any kind of relocation. Because of our access to new and improved transport equipment and state-of-the-art technology, we are able to provide our customers with an abundance of options. Here is what we have to offer…
- Local and long distance moves
- Student relocations
- Military relocations
- Industrial moves
- Office relocations
- Commercial moves
- Residential moves
- Storage solutions
- International relocations
- Full service moving
- Full packing services
- Auto transports
- Heavy furniture and equipment moving, disassembly and assembly
- Apartment relocations
Preparing for a Move
There is no greater way to start off a relocation than by preparing for it and to prepare accordingly, you must remain structured from beginning to end. If you’re curious as to what responsibilities you have in the preparation process, we’ve concocted a list of ways you can get ready for the day the handlers and driver are scheduled to show up at your home.
- Separate from your moving service costs, you will want to prepare for other expenses that often come with relocation. Travel, lodging and packaging materials are just a few of those expenses you should plan to save for.
- So that moving goes on without a hitch you should plan to have the kids and pets out of sight for the days dedicated to loading and unloading.
- Execute any address changes, utility transfers, and medical, school and/or job transplants.
- Gather and purchase packaging supplies and materials so that you can commence packing procedures right away.
- Get your new home ready and your old home cleaned up. Your home in Jacksonville where the movers are suppose to come and load your property shouldn’t be dirty or untidy. You can help prevent any accidents by making sure the handlers for the moving company have room to get your stuff out with lack of difficulty.
- Write out and carry a checklist that includes all your duties regarding the relocation.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.