Cheap Movers In Homer
Cheap Movers in Homer
Moving out of Homer is obviously going to stir up some emotions, both happy and stressful. Hiring a moving company can help ease some of the emotions as well as the strain on your pocketbook. When you go through a Homer moving company for your relocation, you will actually find that you save money. That is just one of the many perks that come along with hiring a moving company. Since they have everything they need to conduct a safe and timely move, you won’t need to go rent or buy a thing. The movers will have everything handled especially if you choose full service moving.
Hiring Professional Movers
Before you hire just any moving company nearby, you should first understand the qualities that relocation companies should possess. Fortunately, you can use online resources to easily and quickly find a moving company to hire. Just use your favorite search engine to type in “cheap movers near me” and a list of local moving companies will appear. Sift through your options by comparing all the information you learn about each company. Here is what you should be looking for…
- Make sure the movers are licensed through the State of Alaska, certified by other prevalent local, state and federal agencies, and registered with the Department of Transportation.
- They must have insurance coverage that meets the expectations set by the state.
- The proper equipment, tools, technology and trained assistance.
- Years of history in the industry.
- A positive reputation that is reflected through customer reviews and ratings.
- A ton of moving and storage options or at least ones that meet your needs and budget. Some movers will even modify a customer’s plan if they must.
- Affordable rates and no concern of payment until the move has been conducted.
- Customer service reps that are happy to answer your questions and address your concerns.
So now that you know how to find the right mover, you may be wondering why you need to hire a mover for your relocation. Well, there are many advantages and here they are…
- You won’t spend as much on professional services
- You won’t be put at any risks and either will your stuff
- All of your things will be insured
- You can spend time caring for other matters involving the move
- You won’t have as much responsibility
The Cost of Moving
What you pay for moving services depends heavily on many things. It is difficult to have a true total for a customer before an in-home inspection has been performed. Not all moving companies perform these evaluations but those that do can better assess the actual cost of your move through them. Here is what the moving professionals will gather during the inspection of your Homer property…
- The number of rooms
- How many things you have to pack and transport
- How much time and labor they believe will be needed based on what they see during the walkthrough
- What size truck or trucks to use for the transport of your stuff
After they gather the appropriate information they will consider these other factors that affect the cost of your move…
- Cost of fuel per gallon at the time of the move
- The season or type of weather (some movers drop their rates during slow seasons)
- The distance between your Homer residence and your new home
- How much your stuff weighs (the weight of your things is taken after it is placed onto the moving truck)
- Whether or not you are able to take advantage of any price reductions due to promotions or discounts that you qualified for through the mover
Once the movers have all the information they need, they’ll be better able to give you an accurate, binding quote.
Non-binding estimates aren’t precise totals. They are simply meant to give you an idea of what you may pay for moving services through that mover. However, these quotes are given within minutes either by online calculator or by phone so they aren’t meant to be taken too seriously. These quick quotes are best used as learned information to refer to as you compare moving companies in the area.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
While some moving companies prefer to stick with what they know and focus on certain types of moves, others like to offer variety to their customers. A1 is one mover that likes to present an assortment of moving and storage solutions. Here is what we have for you to choose from…
- Local Moving
- State to State Moving
- Cross Country Moving
- International Relocations
- Residential Moves
- Commercial Moves
- Office Moves
- Student Moving
- Military Moving
- Heavy Equipment and Furniture Transports
- Expedited Services
- Varied Storage Solutions
- Satellite Tracking Services
- Full Service Moving
- Full Packing Services
- Car Shipping Services
Don’t get worried if you don’t see the services you want. Give us a call and talk with one of our helpful representatives. We are sure they can be of assistance and tailor a plan for you that suits your needs and your budget.
Preparing for a Move
Getting ready to move is no easy feat. It will take some time on your part to help prepare for moving day the best you can. It’s important that you thoroughly prepare for the relocation as it keeps everyone safer and everything going as scheduled. If you’re unsure of how to move forth with the preparation process, we’ve created this handy moving checklist for you…
- Get your Homer property ready for the movers by cleaning up and making sure there isn’t anything that might get in their way when they’re trying to remove your stuff from the home.
- Have someone available to take the kids and dog on moving day.
- Have a parking spot cleared nearest to the doorway.
- By having drinks and snacks prepared for the movers they will work more efficiently.
- All your things must be packed up and ready to go. This means they must be packaged properly and labeled clearly.
- Change your address and conduct all utility transfers.