Cheap Movers in Greenwood
Finding cheap, reputable movers in Greenwood, Arkansas is much simpler than you may assume. With so many options and moving companies available, how will you ever find the one that is right for you and your relocation? With a little more knowledge and tips from the pros, it’ll be much easier to narrow down the amount of choices you have and to find the perfect mover to hire. Luckily, having Internet access is the greatest first step and easiest possible way to find a moving company to employ for relocation assistance. Read on to learn more about all that is associated with a move and how you can prepare, help and keep the costs of the move lower.
Hiring Professional Movers
Employing a moving company shouldn’t be done in haste. There is a lot you should look for in the right mover if you wish to hire someone you can trust with your things. With some knowledge as to what characteristics and qualities you should be looking for, you will find that it is much simpler to narrow your list to a few potential movers for the job of helping you relocate out Greenwood. Here are some of the things that should stand out about the movers you have in consideration…
- They are licensed through the State of Arkansas. Having a state license proves their authenticity, professionalism and ability to perform a move safely. All state licensed movers are also demanded to abide by the insurance laws meaning they must provide at least the minimal set amount of insurance coverage to each of their customers. Typically this is somewhere around $0.60 per pound so you may want to inquire about additional insurance packages.
- All moving and transport companies must have registry with the Department of Transportation as proven with a registered USDOT number.
- Customer service reps for the moving company should answer phones quickly during business hours, remain friendly and find it easy to answer any of your questions or to address any of your anxieties.
- They shouldn’t expect you to pay for your moving services until they have been completely rendered. They should also maintain reasonable rates for all their services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Advantages of Hiring a Mover
Now that you know how to pick a responsible, affordable mover, you may wonder how they will even benefit you. Well, here’s how (and the list doesn’t end here)...
- They will actually help you to save money. It is more costly to conduct relocation alone than it is to hire a mover.
- You will experience a lot less mental and physical stress.
- You and everyone else involved in the move will be kept much safer and put at a lot less risk. Your things will also be kept much safer in the hands of professionals with the right tools and gear equipped.
- Your overall relocation will be carried out much quicker and efficiently.
The Cost of Moving
The price you pay a mover for their help depends on quite a few things. There is a lot that must be considered before an exact total for your move can be drawn up. You will find as you search the Internet that a lot of moving companies offer free, quick quotes on their websites through a moving calculator or when you call in to speak with a rep. Whichever way you choose to collect your free quote is fine, but make sure you do. These quick quotes aren’t accurate but they will help you to compare movers in the region as well as prepare for the costs ahead. Here are some of the matters that affect the cost of your relocation…
- The overall weight of your things to be transported to your new home. The movers will find out how much your stuff weighs once it is loaded onto the truck, weighed and the truck’s weight is subtracted.
- The services and features you decide to buy through the mover.
- Whether you qualified for any discounts, promotions or deals.
- How far the moving company must travel between your home in Greenwood and your new home.
- The price of fuel per gallon at the time of the relocation process.
Of course, other things may affect the cost of your relocation which is why it is so difficult for a mover to come up with an exact cost until the move is almost completely carried out.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Unlike many other relocation companies, A1 has an abundance of services, solutions and features to offer those interested in help from them. Some moving companies are only able to assist particular kinds of relocations while A1 can help nearly anyone. To show you what we mean, here is a list of examples…
- Affordable Local and Long Distance Relocations
- Cross Country Relocations
- Residential and Commercial Relocations
- Heavy Equipment and Furniture Moving
- High Priority Services
- Same Day Moving
- International Relocations
- Full Service Packing
- Various Storage Solutions
- Packaging Materials and Solutions
- Military and Student Moving
- Office Relocations
- Apartment and Studio Relocations
- Tailored Moving Planning
- Recycling Solutions
- Automobile Transport Services and More…
Preparing for a Move
Perhaps the one responsibility you have is to prepare accordingly for the relocation ahead. Once you have set a date with a mover, start preparing for their arrival. Your help getting ready for them will ensure the entire process of relocation goes along much more safely and efficiently. Here is how you can help…
- Pack all your stuff up according to the mover’s regulations. All boxes must be finely labeled and secured with packaging tape. Stack them against the walls so the movers can easily access them.
- Even if it means you must obtain a permit from the city, make sure you have somewhere nearby and safe for the movers to park their truck or trucks.
- Have a responsible party watch any kids or pets you may have.
- Make sure that there is nothing hanging from the walls or ceilings and that all hallways, entryways and floors are free of clutter and debris.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.