Cheap Movers in Foley
You may have to move your family out of the close-knit City of Foley, Alabama due to a new job or even personal matters, but for whatever reason- hire a professional moving company nearest to your current residence. No matter how small or substantial the relocation is bound to be, it is always less complicated to hire a moving company than to conduct a move alone. The licensed movers you find available will have the proper training and equipment to conduct a move safely.
Even when you hire professional movers for help, you’ll find that you still have some responsibilities especially if you don’t purchase full packing or full moving services. However, you can greatly reduce the stress, time and labor expected of you by buying such services. When you finally decide to hire a moving company, it is essential to look for certain characteristics so that you can rest assured you hired a qualified mover to help you and your family relocate.
Hiring Professional Movers
Always for the sake of your relocation, take time to meticulously sort through all the residential Foley movers. The moving company should preserve undoubtable distinctions proving that they’re unfailing in the industry and worth the money spent. You’ll find that with a little obtained knowledge, you can find the most suitable mover for your relocation.
- Your moving agency should have a confirmed and solid history in the moving and transport industries.
- Possess registry with the United States Department of Transportation and have earned the optimistic attention and approvals of the Better Business Bureau.
- Effectively handling insurance claims, providing services and the overall guidance of the mover should all be reviewed by past customers. You can find these reviews online.
- The mover should have dependable insurance coverage. Since this isn’t full coverage that they tend to give you for free with your services, ask the mover if you can purchase additional protection for your goods during the relocation.
- A multitude of varied moving and storage solutions and helpful features.
- The movers should keep up with and own the latest relocation technologies, equipment and tools.
- The mover’s staff should be friendly and helpful representatives that are readily available to take calls.
The Cost of Moving
The cost of your moving services is determined by several things including…
- The miles between Location A and Location B
- The current fuel prices
- The amount of time and labor needed to fulfill the relocation
- The services chosen by the customer
- The time of year the relocation is to take place
Other factors might also affect the cost of your relocation but most movers charge their rates based on the same criteria.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Discounts, Deals and Promotions - Oh My!
Some of the discounts and promotions that are easy to find offered by movers include:
- Snowbird Deals
- Senior Citizen Discounts
- Military Personnel Discounts
- Student Discounts
- Seasonal Sales
- Holiday Promotions
- Discounts on Particular Services that Day
When you need to reduce the overall cost of your moving services to meet your budget more precisely, always ask about discounts and deals. Compare all the quotes given to you over the phone or that you might’ve collected through the mover’s calculator featured on their website. Ponder over all that’s included in the relocation packages you were quoted for by each company.
Are There Any Hidden Mover Fees I Should Know About?
Unfortunately, not all movers are as dependable as you’d like them to be and it’s important to research the company before hiring them for relocation services. Below, are just some of the things that you might end up paying for if you do not ask the moving company the day you receive your bill.
- A disadvantageous location
- Connecting or disconnecting utilities and appliances
- Removal or handling of heavy items
- Reinforcing items
- Costs for more intensive labor
- The assembly or disassembly of furniture, appliances and other large possessions
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
At A1, we offer a large arrangement different moving and storage options. Actually, we are used to modifying and tailoring relocation packages according to the budgets and preferences of our customers. Before we can determine what solutions are in your best interest, we will need to gather some info from you first.
- Full service packing and unpacking
- Door to door delivery
- Student moving
- Military relocations
- State to state
- Coast to coast
- Local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving
- Auto transport services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Industrial relocations
- National and international moving
- Storage solutions
Preparing for a Move
On the day of your relocation as scheduled with the movers, you’ll want everything ready and organized for them. If you have children or pets, have a sitter prepared on moving day. When children or pets are in the way of the movers, someone could get injured or something might get damaged. It is best to make sure that they are not present for the big day. If you can’t find a sitter, please have the pets locked away in cages until the movers have left the home to head to the next location.
Be sure to have your inventory list ready as well as a Bill of Lading, an address to the destination, and a parking permit (if applicable). It’s also in your best interest to provide the movers with snacks and beverages. This will make it easier for them to finish the job of loading and unloading much quicker without having to run to the store themself.
Before the movers leave for the next destination, compare your inventory list with theirs. Also ask them when they anticipate arriving at the next property, what route they will be taking, and what number they can be contacted at. Some moving companies will provide their customers with free satellite tracking services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.