Cheap Movers in Flagstaff
Transplanting one’s home or place of business can sometimes be an arduous affair. The laundry list of tasks and institutions you need to update can be overwhelming and that doesn’t take into account moving day itself. The great thing about Flagstaff, AZ is that it’s a growing, bustling city with a bevy of qualified movers that would love to take on your moving job. Sifting through all the competition and determining a mover that best accommodates your needs can be tricky though. Generally, the more options available the better it is for you as the customer.
Hiring Professional Movers
As in most industries, there are a few traits you should absolutely expect from your mover. For example, if your mover works across state lines then they are required to have a USDOT number registered with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration). The FMCSA website has a mover search tool that you can use to find a variety of details about the company you’re interested in. You can also see if the company has changed names in recent years in an attempt to avoid backlash from a negative experience or a critical review section online. Each state has different requirements they expect from moving companies as far as licensing is concerned. You can inquire about them at your local state Attorney General’s office.
Once you have done the aforementioned preliminary check about some potential movers, how do you choose the right one? Well, a good place to start is to take inventory as to what your moving needs are. Do you want to package your items yourself or have your movers do it? Do you have friends willing to help you transport your items or do you require movers to assist? These amongst other questions you’ll want clarity on before you’re able to choose the right mover for you.
The positives of employing a moving service are numerous. They take on the physical and repetitive aspects of the moving process by leaning on their experience and training to do so. They provide other benefits too including:
- Your items are safe and insured in your mover’s hands. The truck is locked during transport and are driven by experienced professionals
- You dramatically reduce your risk of injury and/or fatigue by employing movers
- They have the correct equipment to load/unload your items to and from the truck
- Hiring movers makes the process extremely convenient and easy for you to get where you’re going
The Cost of Moving
The peace of mind one gains when they outsource moving responsibilities to a local company is pretty remarkable. Moving is one of the most stressful events a person goes through and it’s a value that’s difficult to quantify. Like in many cases, there are steps you can take to mitigate some of the moving expense. You may consider:
- Planning your move during the non peak times of the year. This includes avoiding holidays, weekends and the warmer seasons.
- Inquire to prospective movers as to promotions they currently have running. This could include membership discounts such as AAA or other types like being a student or a member of the military.
- Packaging items yourself will save you from paying others to do it. Be sure to check with your mover as to the boxing and packaging requirements they have.
- Sell your unused items online prior to your move date.
- Garner boxes and packaging material from local stores in your community. The bigger the store, the more likely that they have excess boxes and paper for you.
- If you own a large amount of books, cds or dvds, then you may want to ship them via the post office’s media mail service. The USPS ships those items at a greatly discounted rate and often times is cheaper than having your movers transport them because of the weight involved.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 Auto Transport has the tools and the experience to get you safely relocated into your new home or place of work. We have been assisting people and their moving needs for the better part of three decades and are confident we can help you with your move, no matter the conditions. Some of our services include:
- Residential, commercial and industrial relocations and transports
- Packaging services
- Local, state to state and international moves
- Delivery options, storage solutions and recycling services
- Specialty moves
- Auto transport
- Uniquely large item and heavy equipment moves
- And much more!
Preparing for a Move
Moving oneself, family or business is a complicated undertaking that presents a variety of tasks that need tending to. Some tasks are more time sensitive than others and require your attention at different points in the moving process. You should begin planning your move at least 3 months ahead of time and schedule your mover at least 2 months before your move date. This will give you plenty of time to research options and start putting together a plan for your move.
It is highly recommended to put together a checklist of everything you’ll need to do, as early as you can in the process. Therefore, you will be able to add to it as time goes on and as you think of things you need to do. A checklist is important because of the sheer amount to do when preparing to move. From changing addresses to transferring utilities, the days leading up to a move are often times the busiest.
As moving day comes closer and closer, it’s good for all parties involved to have your residence set up for a quick and efficient move. There’s a lot you can do in preparation for this:
- Ensure that your movers have space to park and that hallways are free of clutter to carry items through your home.
- Consider having a sitter watch your children and/or pets. Moving is stressful for everyone and they could benefit from time with friends during the process.
- If you decided to pack your own items, have it completed BEFORE the movers arrive. Oftentimes folks are packing while the movers are working and it slows the entire process down (and costs you money!).
- Prepare a suitcase for the first night in your new place. You will want to include items that can be immediately accessible such as chargers, snacks, pillows, blankets or anything else you deem important.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.