Cheap Movers in Fairbanks
No one ever said that hiring a mover was easy peasy. There are so many options that it will take some time to find the right one. Luckily, the Internet makes it much simpler, especially if you’re equipped with the proper knowledge. When you need a mover to help you move out of Fairbanks, jump online and search for “cheap movers near me” to find the most affordable and reliable companies around. In this article, we will go ahead and explain what it is you should look for in a mover, calculating the cost of moving, and how to adequately prepare for your move based on the services you chose and the type of relocation you are planning for.
Hiring Professional Movers
Buying moving services is something that is highly recommended when you’re facing a near future relocation. However, it is critical that you employ a mover that you can trust handling your things. This is why we want to provide you with some existential information regarding movers and the characteristics they should carry if you are to hire them. Below, you will learn about the benefits of hiring a mover as well as what it is you should look for in a mover before you schedule a move with them.
Benefits of Employing a Mover
- Your stuff is kept safe in the hands of trained professionals and under their insurance policy.
- Only the best equipment, tools, technology and gear will be used to carry out your relocation.
- You will spend much less money.
- You won’t be at risk of injury.
- You will be able to focus your attention on other matters.
Traits All Moving Companies Should Have
- As an authentic moving company, they must have state licensing, USDOT registration, and certifications proving their success.
- Every licensed moving company must also carry insurance coverage for their customers. The state sets the limitations for insurance that must be provided by movers and transporters.
- They will have various moving services and features or at least the ability to conduct your type of relocation.
- When you need help, you shouldn’t have a problem reaching a customer service representative that is capable of assisting you.
- The moving company should have years of experience and hold training courses for all of their employees.
- A great reputation is crucial. Check review sites to make sure the moving companies you’re considering have a positive rep and a high rating.
The Cost of Moving
The price of moving depends on many factors including whom you choose to hire. In fact, there are so many factors that go into the cost of your move that it is hard to come up with an exact total right away. To ease the minds of their customers, many moving companies will offer free, quick quotes. These quotes can be received through online calculators or by phone. By submitting or indulging in a few details such as the address of both locations, the type of move you have ahead, and some personal info, the mover will quickly calculate a roundabout figure. Although this isn’t necessarily an honest total, it is one you can use as you compare moving companies in and near Fairbanks.
For a binding agreement and honest price, the moving company will likely request an appraisal of your home. As they are walking throughout your home, they’ll count rooms, see what there is to transport, assess how much time and labor it may take, and decide what size truck to use. Once they have this info, they will combine what they had just learned and consider the following data before giving you a binding quote…
- Price of fuel per gallon
- What services and features you want to buy
- The distance between both locations
- If you qualify for any discounts
- What kind of weather is likely to exist at the time of the move (some months are slower so the rates are dropped)
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Not all moving companies offer an assortment of services and solutions. Some movers like to focus on specific types of moves and certain services while others try to accommodate everyone that comes to them. For example, here at A1 we have access to all of the best tools, equipment and technology. Therefore, we are able to assist nearly anyone no matter what kind of move they have ahead. To show you what we can do for you and anyone else that comes to us, here is a list of what we have to offer…
- Local Moves
- Long Distance Moves
- Overseas Moves
- Car Shipping Services
- Commercial Moves
- Residential Moves
- Office Moves
- Military Moves
- Campus Moves
- Tracking Services
- Insurance Packages
- Various Storage Solutions
- Same Day Moving
- Heavy Furniture and Equipment Transports
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moving
If you don’t see what you are looking for, give us a call. We know we can help you and find an affordable solution.
Preparing for a Move
After hiring a mover, you will have a lot less responsibility on your hands. Nonetheless, you will still need to get ready for the move in some ways. So to help you stay on track, we’ve created a moving checklist for you to follow. You can add whatever you would like to the list but make sure you check them off as you get them completed.
- Clean up the house and make sure there isn’t anything that might get in the way of the movers when they come in to pack or load your things.
- Have all furniture ready to go and all boxes packed, taped and labeled.
- Don’t have anyone including pets and kids in the home on moving day.
- Have a parking spot free for the movers, preferably one nearest to the doorway.
- Change addresses with the post office and all other relevant organizations
- Conduct utility transfers
- Have all paperwork requested by the movers ready for them when they get to your Fairbanks home.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.