Vital actions to take in case your items are damaged during the relocation exercise
Relocation can be a hassle on its own. However, finding out that some of your household goods have been damaged and broken is the last thing you would want to hear. But you are entitled to get a reimbursement from a professional mover. That's why it’s always important to hire an insured and licensed moving company. If you want a moving company that offers Full Value protection, search among El Dorado cheap movers.
Here are a few but vital things you should do
Review the Contract
Never sign a blank document or append your signature if there are some clauses you don’t understand. Mostly, rogue movers would give you a blank contract to sign. This way, you will get hooked into their scamming scheme to either charge you more or amend the terms to escape any liability that may befall them in the course of the moving exercise.
Before you commence your local or long-distance move, make sure you have reviewed the fine-print to ensure there isn’t a clause that relieves the mover from damage liability. If the clauses are not clear, you can ask for help from the courteous workers.
Inform the Moving Company
Damages can happen at any stage of commercial or residential moving process. It could be during packing or loading, or unloading stage. Whichever the case, once you spot damaged items, inform the officer in charge of the moving exercise. After confirmation of the damaged property, movers will help expedite compensation process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
File a Claim
Conducting a cross-country or an interstate move is a massive undertaking. It then becomes hard not to find damaged items. Once you spot broken items, call the mover to file a claim. Some companies will take up to 12 months to do so. However, professional full-service moving companies have insurance policies set in place for such claims. In case of such damages, you will get your compensation without undue delay.
Whenever you find it difficult to settle the matter with your mover, contact AMSA. The American Moving and Storage Association has a fully functional arbitration program meant to settle such cases between you and the mover.
Write a Review
Online reviews help clients learn more about the potential moving company. They indicate if the company can handle claims and complaints. Write a review on how your issue has been solved.
Why You Should Hire Us
The process of moving to a new office or home should be as exciting and trouble-free. Here are the reasons as to why you can rely on our high-quality and cheap moving service;
- Equipped – we have modern trucks to accommodate bulky items. Our moving storage units are also well-maintained to ensure the safety of your furniture is guaranteed.
- Experienced – We have a rich experience in the moving industry which enables us to conduct moves securely and efficiently. Our workers are trained to handle relocation services like packing items, loading and unloading a moving truck, heavy lifting, unpacking, as well as moving fragile items.
- Affordable – our moving prices and shipping rates are competitive, suitable for a tight budget. We also provide moving labor- at an excellent rate- to people who opt for a DIY move. Experience a stress-free and seamless moving day by hiring our cheap relocation services.
- Free Quote and Estimate – we provide a free moving quote and a free written and binding estimate. We quote you an accurate price after assessing your belongings.
- Reliable – over decades, we have diligently serviced our esteemed clients with enthusiasm. We’re trusted in undertaking our tasks religiously as well as delivering items on time.
Hiring El Dorado, Kansas cheap moving companies is the surefire way to kick-start a less stressful home and office moving process. Call us today, and we shall take you through the ins and outs of a relocation process.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.