Cheap Movers in Decatur
Moving out of Decatur, Alabama without assistance from proficient movers will only prove to be an expensive hassle. There are numerous components that need tended to during the relocation process. That’s only one of the many reasons to hire an experienced moving company. They will have access to everything needed to handle a move safely and within good time. Fortunately, there are a lot of cheap movers at your availability. The key to choosing the right one for your relocation includes drawing comparisons and conducting some online research.
Hiring Professional Movers
The amount of time, stress and money you’ll save by hiring a moving company to help you with your relocation will greatly surpass any fears you might have had initially. That’s why it’s so important that you take some time to research the movers local to you. You want to hire a moving company that has great rates and services, as well as the right authorizations, approvals and experience. Here are some of the advantages that come with your employment of a moving company...
- A professional moving company will make sure that their employees are properly trained and prepared to successfully carry out the relocation.
- Due to their access to all the right equipment, haulers, packaging materials, supplies, and more, your movers can guarantee a safe relocation.
- Your movers will carefully load and unload your belongings, ensuring that there is no damage done to floors, walls, etc.
- All movers have design a tailored, methodical plan for each customer’s relocation.
- They should be equipped with the current transport technologies so that they can avoid obstacles such as road construction, traffic and inclement weather conditions.
- According to law, all licensed movers are required to offer their customers at least the minimum amount of insurance coverage as demanded by their state.
- The mover you hire should have a variety of services offered at affordable rates.
- They should maintain a positive reputation. You can find reviews and ratings for movers online.
When you finally have a small list of local movers that you’d like to call for more information, make sure you ask questions once you have them on the phone. This will help you gain more wisdom regarding each company before you hire the first one to offer the lowest rates. It’s crucial to hire a reliable mover if you wish for a pleasant relocation experience.
Possible Questions to Ask the Movers
- Are you licensed and certified?
- How long have you been in business?
- What services do you offer?
- Do you offer insurance coverage and if so, how much?
- Are there any discounts or deals I can take advantage of?
Once you have called each mover to ask questions and gather quotes, compare all your information. When you decide which mover you’d like to purchase moving services from, give them a call to schedule your relocation as soon as possible. Most movers prefer to schedule a customer’s move a few months in advance so that they can plan accordingly.
The Cost of Moving
There’s no way for a mover to hand out an exact quote before gathering a few details and bits of information from the customer. As you’re looking for the right mover, the quick estimates you get over the phone or on their website can give you an idea of the rates held by that particular moving company. While these estimates are helpful, you’ll eventually want to know the true cost. Most movers will request an in-house evaluation before they give you the bill. They will then compare their notes with other factors, such as...
- The latest fuel prices
- The miles/distance between both locations
- The time of year the relocation is scheduled
- How much time and labor is needed to successfully complete the relocation
- The moving services you desire
- The weight of your belongings
Reduce the Cost of Your Move
It’s safe to say that most people show concern over the cost of a move. It isn’t until they’ve gathered a few quotes that they learn the cost of moving services are actually quite affordable. Nevertheless, even with the low rates already held by most movers, there are ways to reduce the cost of your move even more...
- Always check the movers’ websites to see if they offer discounts or are currently running any promotions. If you don’t see anything posted, it doesn’t hurt to ask while you’ve got them on the phone.
- Throw away broken goods and rid of anything that no longer serves use to you or your family. If time allows, hold a garage sale to earn extra cash.
- If it’s possible to be flexible with your availability to relocate, try to schedule your relocation during the off-season when moving service rates are typically lower.
- Remaining organized and on top of everything during the move will only ensure it goes along successfully. The smoother the move, the less likely you’ll have to pay for any extra expenses.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Use linens, newspaper, blankets and other household materials as replacements for some of the packaging materials you’d otherwise have to purchase. Start collecting boxes from local shops, friends and family months before the move if you’re planning on packing yourself.
- Make sure your goods are fully insured. Most movers only offer partial insurance coverage, about $0.60 per pound. Take advantage of additional insurance plans even if it’s a little bit of an upcharge.
- By having the house clean and ready for the movers, an accident or injury is less likely to occur. Have your home prepared by the time the movers are scheduled to come to avoid any additional charges on your final bill.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Unlike most moving companies, A1 offers a wide variety of moving and storage solutions. We are fortunate enough to work with movers that hold experience and training in all types of relocations. We also have access to all the best and most reliable moving equipment and technology. Due to these advantages, we able to offer the following services...
- Local and Long Distance Moves
- Small Moves- Apartment, Studio, Dorm, etc.
- Heavy Furniture and Pool Table Moves
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moves
- International Moves
- Door to Door Delivery
- High Priority Services
- Office Relocations
- Car Shipping
- Residential Relocations
- Commercial Relocations
- A Variety of Storage Solutions
Preparing for a Move
The most significant thing you can do to ensure your relocation goes along as planned, is prepare. Preparing for your move will only keep you in line with everything going on. There is so much that goes into a successful relocation that it will often get confusing or stressful. The first step to a smooth move is hiring a dependable mover. The second thing you can do is prepare accordingly. Here are some great tips and bits of advice to stay organized and ready for anything…
- Write out a checklist with everything you must fulfill before the relocation is to take place. This may include things like conducting job and school transfers, changing utility companies, change address with post office, etc.
- Take inventory of all your belongings. The easiest way to do this is by calculating the packed boxes in each room as well as the pieces of furniture.
- Have the house clean and ready for the mover’s handlers. Make sure the entryways and stairs are free of clutter and that the movers have somewhere nearby the entrance to park their truck.
- Find a sitter on the days the movers are scheduled to load and unload so that kids and pets aren’t running around, getting in the way.
- If packing without the mover’s help, start a few months before they’re due to arrive. Start in the room used the least in your home and pack each box according to the mover’s standards. This includes marking each box.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.