Cheap Movers in Daphne
Moving your life from one location to another can be incredibly stressful and time consuming. There can be many moving parts, yet if you plan your relocation well, you’ll end up with a heavier wallet and a seamless transition to your new home. With A1’s licensed movers and decades of industry experience, going to and from Daphne, Alabama is as easy as can be. There are some misconceptions when it comes to hiring professional movers and one of those is that it will be more expensive. In fact, given the extent of your moving needs, you could end up saving money! We have professionals standing by to discuss your options and get you on your way.
Hiring Professional Movers
When hiring a professional moving company, it’s all about a good fit. Whether or not to hire movers is probably the biggest decision one has to make in regards to their move. Hiring movers eliminates some of the most stressful parts of a move including carrying heavy appliances, packing your personal belongings, and transporting them to your new location. When hiring a moving company, you are trusting them with you and your family’s prized possessions and the decision should not be taken lightly. There are other benefits that come with hiring a professional company and as the customer you’ll have to balance the options to see what route works best for you. Here are some benefits of using a professional moving company.
- You’ll get the help of knowledgeable movers who will ensure your items arrive just as they left.
- It will allow you to focus on other important aspects of your move.
- Your items will be transported safely and packed securely while also being insured for added protection.
- Say goodbye to back aches, dented walls and damaged belongings! Your heaviest and most uniquely shaped items will be packed and/or loaded by professional movers, so you don’t have to!
- Moving companies come equipped with the proper equipment to get your belongings transplanted efficiently. From packaging materials to dollies and hoisting straps, it’s one less thing for you to worry about.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to Find the Right Mover for You
A moving company that worked out well for a neighbor might not be ideal for you. When considering your options there are many valuable resources to use that can help sway the decision making process. The first of which is to explore online review sites about movers to and from Daphne, AL. Google, Facebook, Yelp and the BBB are great sources for a variety of information about the business you’re considering working with. You’ll get a ton of insight into how people perceive the company but it’s good to keep in mind folks tend to leave reviews over extreme interactions and they may not indicate how the moving company typically goes about business. Do your due diligence! Another good route is to ask your family and friends with whom they have experience moving with. They may know folks personally and can help you get a discount based on the referral. And of course, there’s the traditional phone call where you can get answers to particular questions concerning your move.
The Cost of Moving
When comparing the price of hiring professional movers versus other methods, it’s important to consider all the associated costs. Your time, energy and of course your wallet will all take a hit, but there are a few things you can do to minimize that.
- Sell or donate that of which you don’t need. Movers charge by the pound and paying to transport undesired items to your new home is throwing money away.
- Save money on cardboard boxes by seeking out some of the local merchants in your area. Grocery stores, book stores and bar restaurants usually have excess cardboard.
- Get multiple companies to bid on your move. Some movers will price match and when there is competition, the customer wins!
- The IRS considers moving an expense deduction, which allows you to fill out IRS form 3903 on your federal income tax return.
- Seek out special promotions and see which movers offer them. Seniors, students and military members have a good shot at getting a discount. See if any organizations you’re associated with having savings with local movers (AAA, AARP etc.).
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A-1 Auto Transport is your one stop shop for all your moving needs. Since we offer a wide array of services, it helps keeps our costs low and in turn pass the savings down to the customer. Below are some of our standard services and if your move isn’t listed, we welcome a call to discuss your options and put you in the right direction.
- Local, State to State and Long Distance Moves
- Heavy and Large Furniture Moves
- Apartment, Studio, Penthouse Moves
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moves
- Partial Moves
- Overseas Moves
- Office Moves
- Vehicle, Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
- Residential and Commercial Transitions
- Storage Solutions
Preparing for a Move
You’ve decided to move and have your next dwelling picked out, so what’s next? At this point, you’re preparing to transplant your life and with that comes an entirely different set of responsibilities beyond the physical move itself. Depending on the amount of preparation you put in, you can have many facets of your life situated prior to your arrival. A tasklist is a phenomenal way to get your ducks in a row and not miss a beat when you settle into your new home. A checklist could look something like this:
- Change address to new home
- Have kids register for classes
- Transfer utility bills
- Obtain 30 cardboard boxes
- Let immediate family know our new address
- Organize garage sale
- Return library books and movies
- Update driver’s license
- Pack a box of essentials
- Obtain veterinary records
ProTip: Make 3 checklists for each phase of your move. The first for all of your pre move tasks, the second for duties on moving day, and the last being for your first week in your new home. Crossing off completed tasks is motivating and will help you tackle the rest of your list!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.