- Cottonwood Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Cost Of Moving
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
Cottonwood Cheap Movers Near Me
Moving and transplanting one’s life comes in all shapes and forms. Whether you’re required to move your home or business, solid logistics and thorough research will pay dividends when all is said and done. The moving industry is very competitive and there are many companies that are vying for your business with some being less scrupulous than others. There are a lot of options between moving providers and the tiers of service and insurance they provide.
Cottonwood, Arizona is a growing town of about 12,000 people in the near smack dab middle of the state. Whether you’re moving to Cottonwood or from it, there are numerous advantages in working with a trustworthy, local mover. Having a mover with knowledge of the area will also save you time and money. The trick is finding the mover that best aligns with your needs.
Hiring Professional Movers
The convenience a moving service can provide is a somewhat unparalleled one. Having experienced, professional movers packaging, loading, transporting and unloading the entirety of your items between locations grants you the freedom to explore other responsibilities with your move. Coupled with your items being insured and transported in a single trip, the perks really begin to add up. Even if you only needed partial moving services such as truck and equipment rentals, you still stand to benefit from employing a moving service.
There are traits you need to expect from movers you are considering doing business with. A USDOT number is required by any moving company that moves items across state lines. You can find if they are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) by using the mover search tool on their website and entering the mover’s information. Different states have varying requirements as to what additional licensing a mover may need to have. Your local state’s attorney general’s office would have that information available.
You will also need to consider the extent you need assistance with your move and how it fits with your budget and schedule. A great start in researching comparable moving services is by going to google.com and searching for movers near your location. Once there compare pricing, services offered, and most importantly, customer reviews. To get an idea of the level of service you should expect, the review section is an invaluable resource. Pay attention to their most recent moves as that is more indicative of the experience you might have. You can also find reputation information at the BBB’s website along with accessing Facebook.
The Cost of Moving
A slight misconception concerning hiring a moving service is that it is too costly. Yet, when you actually compare the costs you’d end up paying out of pocket versus having a mover assist you, you can end up saving money by working with a mover. Here’s how:
- There is a myriad of expenses that come with moving like fuel, labor, and materials to name a few. When you hire a moving company, all of those costs are on a single bill and are usually at a cheaper rate.
- The peace of mind and security that comes with hiring a reputable mover will allow you to focus on other aspects of your move and thus, make you more effective.
- Movers are required to have basic liability insurance for their customers. In case of an emergency, this type of protection could prove invaluable
- Moving company workers are experienced at all facets of your move. From being able to package boxes more safely and efficiently than a layman to protecting your home and items as they move through the house.
- Hiring a mover reduces your risk of injury and minimizes any fatigue you may experience as a result of moving your items all day.
- Movers get your items to their destination in a single trip. Not only do they reduce your carbon footprint, but they also remove the possibility of having to make multiple trips.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
As you can see movers can save you a tremendous amount of time and afford you a lot of conveniences. Yet, like most things, there are some tips and tricks you can do to save money during the process. A key ingredient to this is planning your course of action at least 2 months ahead of time and this includes scheduling your mover this far out. Once done, here are some other cost-saving tips.
- Accumulating cardboard from around the community is a great way to save on boxes. Most retail and grocery stores end up recycling their cardboard and usually are amicable in regards to folks from the area asking for them.
- Old linens and washcloths make excellent packing material saving you money on bubble wrap and other insulators.
- Host a garage sale before moving day to lighten the moving load and save money in transport costs.
- Price match movers to see if any are willing to undercut their competitors to garner your business.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 Auto Transport has been getting people where they need to go for the better part of 30 years. Over time we have added to our suite of services and can accommodate nearly any type of move including:
- Full service moves including packaging services
- Commercial and industrial relocations
- Residential moves including homes, suites, penthouses and dorms
- Storage and delivery options
- Heavy equipment and oversized item transports
- Auto transports
- Local and long distance moves
- Recycling and disposal services
Preparing for a Move
Preparation is a key to success in most areas of life and readying your place for moving is one of them. From updating your address to a number of institutions to repairing walls in your former place, the number of tasks adds up! A fantastic way to get your ducks in a row is by making a checklist for each week leading up to your move. Some tasks need your attention earlier in the process than others and your list will help immensely with that. Here are a few other ways to prepare for your move:
- Start by packing the room you use the least, first. It will help get the ball rolling while also being productive
- Consider having your kids or pets stay with a sitter on moving day
- Ensure that your movers will have a place to park and that all the walkways of your home are clear of debris so they can move through your place with ease
- Lay down a sheet of plastic in your hallways to protect the carpets and floors
- If your movers do a great job, have some cash at the ready to tip them for work well done