- Coolidge Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Cost Of Moving
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
Coolidge Cheap Movers Near Me
People decide to move for a multitude of reasons and in most situations, it’s a decision that takes some time to make and good planning to implement. Moving is usually the by-product of a change in someone’s life and can be a somewhat trying time period as well. Deciding on a moving company should be the simplest and most hassle free part of your moving experience. The great thing about Coolidge, Arizona is that there are numerous moving companies operating in and out of there that want to earn your business.
Hiring Professional Movers
When hiring people to handle and transport your personal or business belongings, you’ll want to do a fair amount of research to help ensure a successful relocation. There are a few pieces of information that your potential mover should have before you consider hiring them for your move. If your mover transports across state lines, then they are required to have a federally registered USDOT number. You can look up your mover’s USDOT number on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website and learn a great deal of information about them including:
- Company details
- History of complaints
- Insurance information
- Number of vehicles
- Road performance
- Investigation results
Paying attention to a mover’s online reputation can also yield a great deal of information that will often times supplement the FMCSA’s website. Recent reviews can paint a picture as to the mover’s current quality of work. Also, be sure to check that they carry the required level of insurance mandated by your state. They should also have liability options and more extensive insurance available by request as well.
Much of the benefit of hiring a mover involves knowing that reputable, trained movers are transporting and caring for your items. Deferring the literal and figurative “heavy lifting” spares you the wear and tear on your body and also frees you up to handle other tasks on moving day as they come up. The added benefit of working with a mover is that the near entirety of your moving expense is on a single bill. You won’t be left responsible to pick up more boxes or make multiple trips to your new location either.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
Having a moving service facilitate your relocation is less expensive than most people think. When you start to consider packaging materials, boxes, fuel, labor, equipment, and trucks the cost can quickly add up. Add to that you having to transport all of your goods in the back of your car and the possibility of making multiple trips due to cargo limitations. Movers actually end up providing terrific value, but there are ways you can further enhance your savings.
- Moving expenses can be used as a tax deduction when you report to the IRS during tax season. Donating items is also a deduction if you choose to clear out some space before relocating.
- Packing materials and boxes are fairly abundant in most communities. Local stores tend to have a surplus of cardboard and unsold newspapers and ad sections that can be used for packaging.
- By packing everything yourself you save on paying for the labor help. Call and check with your mover to see if they require any packing standards for your boxes prior to moving day.
- Consider selling unused items online or hosting a garage sale before you move. It’s not only a great way to save money but to gain money also.
- If you have a fair number of books you may want to ship them via the USPS’s media mail service. They offer an extremely discounted rate for media items.
- After receiving 3-4 in-home estimates from potential movers, price match them and see if any are willing to give you the best deal for your business.
- Savings and special promotions may be available to qualifying groups of people. Students, seniors, military, AARP and AAA members may be eligible upon inquiry.
- Seek out movers who are willing to work with binding (fixed) and/or not to exceed (NTE) estimates. These quotes help ensure the cost won’t be handed off to you in the event of a misquoted price or unforeseen expense.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Throughout the years A1 has assisted in a wide variety of relocations all around the world. During this time we have broadened the scope of moves we can assist in and have a service list that can accommodate nearly any type of move.
- Local and long distance relocations including state to state, and overseas
- Industrial, commercial and residential relocations and transports
- Delivery, recycling and storage solutions
- Heavy equipment and large item services
- Partial and full service packing and moving
- Auto and marine transport
Preparing for a Move
The entire moving process can feel overly arduous if proper forethought and time isn’t given to it. After you’ve made the decision that you’re going to move, you’ll want to schedule your movers at least 2 months in advance. Do your best to schedule your move date during the nonpeak times of the year. Which means to avoid holidays, weekends and the warmer months.
If you decided to pack your own items, start by packing up the rooms that are used the least often in your home. Upon boxing these items, begin creating an inventory list of the boxes being relocated and their contents. Your mover will also have an inventory list of your items being loaded onto the truck and it’s good to have in case of disagreements. Be sure to label your boxes as to the room they came from and the room they are going to.
As moving day looms, you’ll need to be as orderly as ever if you intend on hitting the ground running at your new place. An ongoing to-do list is a fantastic way to compile your moving responsibilities and delegate your energy where you need to. It’s all too easy to forget to transfer a utility or update an address with an important institution, but with your list handy it won’t be a problem.