Cheap Movers In Chino Hills
Cheap Movers in Chino Hills
Are you contemplating hiring movers but aren’t exactly sure where to begin? With all the moving companies out there, it’s easy to have an option overload. It’s no wonder why, moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences in a person’s life. Relocating has an adjustment period and at A1, we want to simplify your move to Chino Hills, CA so you can focus on what’s important. Below we detail some methods of savings and some pitfalls to avoid when seeking out a local, highly regarded mover.
Hiring Professional Movers
The choice as to whether or not you should employ a moving company is completely up to you. Depending on the size and complexity of your relocation, you may not require a full service move purchase and instead are better off with select services such as truck rental, for example. In recent years, movers have been offering more and more specialized and direct services. This has helped the industry attract more customers than they would have otherwise.
There are some essential characteristics that are universally expected to be had by any mover. For instance, all movers are required to have some type of basic insurance included in their price for their customers. Additionally, if a mover crosses state lines to conduct their business, they are absolutely required to have a USDOT number assigned by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Your mover should be local and be able to conduct an in-home estimate, have years of experience and a positive online review score on a multitude of sites.
Hiring a professional moving company provides numerous advantages to the customer, some of which are more apparent than others. First off, regardless of whether you have movers complete the entirety, or a portion of your move, the peace of mind they provide is tremendous. Having knowledge that your belongings are being tended to by experienced movers, hauled with the proper equipment, transported in modern, insured trucks and unloaded in their particular rooms is such a satisfying endeavor. You also get to give your body a break from the laborious nature of hauling items to the tricky driving that comes with large and heavy cargo.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
Beyond the time and stress relief a reputable mover provides, they additionally can save you money in some unexpected ways. Having your moving expenses itemized and captured on a single bill keeps the price low and is convenient, especially during tax time where moving purchases can be used as a deduction. This is notwithstanding the obligatory insurance movers have to provide and the security of your items as they are locked in a large cargo hold during relocation. Additionally, there are strategies you can employ to further decrease your overall moving cost:
- If you decided to pack any of your own belongings, having them sealed and stacked accordingly will save you tons in additional labor costs. It is with a startling consistency that customers are still tying loose ends when their movers arrive and they end up paying more in wasted labor time.
- Individuals who have moved as of late tend to have extra cardboard boxes to give away. You can scour community forums for boxes or consult a local grocery store about scoring some of their extras.
- Price matching businesses is a technique far too infrequently employed by customers. After receiving 4 or 5 in home estimates, compare them to the competing movers and see if you could work out a cheaper rate in exchange for your business.
- Moving during the winter months of the year and avoiding weekends and holidays will save money right off the bat.
- The media mail service offered by the USPS is incredibly useful to those moving with a large book, cd and/or dvd collections. At significantly discounted rates, the post office will ship any box containing media items with a 7-10 day delivery time.
- Washcloths, rags and other linens make excellent packaging material for your dishware.
- College students, military servicemembers and seniors may qualify for additional discounts. Ask!
About A1’s Moving and Storage Services
You don’t just let anybody into your home and when it comes to hiring movers, the same holds true. We value our possessions and with it, movers take on an enormous responsibility in ensuring their safe and efficient transport. At A1, we have been relocating homes, offices, vehicles and much more for nearly 30 years. We craft specific solutions for our customer’s needs and offer nearly every type of moving service under the sun including:
- Local, state to state, overseas and international relocations and transports
- Full service moving packages
- Full packing services and materials
- Residential and commercial relocations and transport solutions
- Storage and Delivery solutions
- Debris pickup and recycling options
- Equipment rentals
- Auto transport services
- Truck rentals
- Satellite tracking and insurance included
Preparing for a Move
When planning for moving day there is a ton to consider. From updating your address with numerous businesses to transferring and starting utilities, the number of responsibilities can feel quite confounding. It’s for this reason we implore folks to concoct 2 checklists for the different segments of their move. The first of which contains all the tasks needed to be taken care of leading up to moving day and the second being for moving day and beyond. We recommend scheduling your mover at least a couple months in advance so you can tackle all that you need to without the stress. Some of these responsibilities could include:
- Hosting a garage sale and inviting friends to come over and join
- Acquire boxes, adhesives and packing material
- Scheduling in home estimates
- Scheduling a babysitter for moving day
- Tend to minor house repairs
The 2nd list you’ll want to create is all the tasks you’ll need to take care of on moving day and the night before:
- Assure boxes are removed from walkways and hallways
- Ensure parking is available for the movers
- Pack a first day bag
- Cover carpets in plastic wrap to prevent damage
- Unplug appliances and take pictures of electronic setups