Cheap Movers in Childersburg
The act of moving requires more attention than one might assume. No matter how big or small your relocation might be, there are various factors that cannot be ignored. A move is time consuming and costly, regardless of how you try to cut corners. You may only end up putting yourself further into debt and stress if you decide not to hire a skilled mover to get your stuff to its new home outside of Childersburg.
Professional movers will have all of the right equipment and materials to adequately and securely relocate your belongings. They are trained and have years of experience to back up their reliability. Their goal is to get everything moved to its new home unharmed. This is why many movers carry insurance policies so that their customers can rest their minds at ease.
Hiring Professional Movers
To remain at peace about the process of moving as much as possible, hire a reliable house mover right away. There is no better way to finding a moving company for hire than by going on the Internet to do some research. The Internet will help you find movers in the area with services you need, at prices you can afford. Here is how you should go about finding a mover...
- Read about the moving company on their website and gather their contact information
- Check the reviews and ratings for the company online
- Ask what certifications and licenses they carry to prove their authenticity as a moving company
- Look into all the moving and storage services they offer
- Ask about insurance packages and make sure all your possessions are fully covered
- Make sure they don’t ask for a full down payment or a large portion of the total bill before the items have been delivered
- See what materials, tools, technology and equipment they use for a residential move. It should all be up to date and of the highest quality
Always remain cautious of con-artists looking to make a quick buck by scamming you out of professional residential relocation. In most cases, a mover won’t ask for any money upfront and will only expect the payment when the goods are delivered and the customer is happy.
The Cost of Moving
The cost of your relocation is decided after considering many different factors. Obviously the biggest factor is the distance you are moving and the kinds of services you are taking advantage of. For example, it will be more affordable to move across town than across the country. Other considerations that must be minded include the current cost of fuel, the time of year the move is to take place, and the weight of your possessions. Providing as much of this information on the moving companies as possible with help them better give you an estimate.
It pays to shop around when you are looking for a moving company. Most of them will provide an online cost calculator to help give you an idea of how much their services will cost, but you may find it to be more helpful to call them to get a more accurate quote. Calling in gives you the opportunity to ask questions and gather more information about the mover before you choose to hire them.
Ways to Save Money after Buying Moving Services
After hiring a mover near Childersburg, start thinking of ways to save on the rest of the relocation. Pay attention to the following and try to utilize any of the advice pertinent to your move.
- Save newspapers, linens, old blankets and clothes for packaging purposes instead of buying all new materials.
- Try to find free helping hands. For example, ask a family member to babysit the kids, and find others willing to help you pack up your home.
- Opt out of full packaging services and pack up your own belongings before moving day.
- Ask local businesses if they have any extra boxes they can spare.
- Have a garage sale to earn money off of the items you do not wish to relocate to the new home.
- Purchase insurance offered through the movers so that if something ends up damaged or lost, you do not have to repair or replace it with out of pocket cash.
- Purchase refreshments and snacks for the movers instead of tipping them. This prevents them from having to leave to get drinks and food.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 has many moving and storage solutions and features for their customers to benefit from. With all that they have to offer, if you get confused or would like advice, our representatives are ready to help. Below are just some of the services we offer and some of the types of moves we can assist.
- Local and long distance moving, whether it is state to state or coast to coast
- Interstate or cross country moving
- Furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, office furniture and equipment, etc.
- Commercial moving
- Residential moving
- Military relocation
- Door to door moving
- Student moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packaging materials
- Auto transport services
Preparing for a Move
It is always wise to prepare for your move well in advance and as carefully as you can. Preparing for a move doesn’t need to be strenuous or stressful though. As long as you stay on top of everything, follow the advice below, and keep lists, you will already be well on your way to being fully prepared for moving day. Preparation is the key to a successful and quick relocation.
- Give yourself at least a month or two to pack up the house in Childersburg. It takes a great deal of time to pack, unless you purchase packaging services.
- Try to pack away using the proper packing supplies. This usually consists of bubble wrap, box tape, assorted boxes, markers, and razors. Many moving companies will offer eco-friendly packing options too.
- Switch out your utilities once the moving date is set with the moving company. Also begin school, job and medical transfers.
- Take time to sort through your belongings. Donate or get rid of anything you don’t want moved to the new location. Try to lessen the weight that is shipping to the new location. This will also help you save money on your relocation services.
- Become familiar with your future neighborhood and community before the move. This will only make the excitement of the relocation more relevant than any fears you may have.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.