Cheap Movers in Cerritos
Cheap Moving Services in Cerritos
The first thing that typically comes to mind after making the decision to move is, “How am I going to get my belongings to my new place?”. With the many able-bodied moving organizations chomping at the bit to earn your business, how do you know which one to choose for your move to Cerritos, CA? With the help of the internet, finding local moving companies is the easiest it’s ever been. Yet, there are a few areas you need to be extremely aware of to reduce the risk of bad service, or at worst, lost items.
Hiring Professional Movers
There are many reasons to enlist the help of a moving organization and one of which is they are prepared to tackle a wide scope of needs from a diverse customer base. Most modern movers offer tiered services from rentals to full service moves, thus expanding their potential customer base. This provides the client with a ton of flexibility that’s beneficial in a variety of areas, including:
- You can concentrate on different parts of your relocation while your movers diligently move your home or business.
- Having a large part of your moving expense on a single bill is incredibly convenient. Fuel, packaging supplies, labor, truck use, amongst other things on a single invoice is easy to track and also useful come tax time where you can claim a moving expense deduction.
- Movers, as required by law, must insure your goods while they are working on your move. They also have elevated levels of insurance available upon inquiry.
- You decrease your risk for injury and damage to your belongings when professional movers are tending to your relocation
Not all movers are made equally sadly, and it’s dependent upon the customer to do their research in finding an organization that is not only reputable, but is in alignment with your needs. There are some important qualities a mover should possess including:
- A US Department of Transportation number, state applicable motor carrier identification, and reviewable insurance protection should all be available upon asking. These requirements help ensure the customer has recourse in case of a negative experience.
- Moving organizations with a long local history and a positive online sentiment tend to operate to higher standards than their counterparts.
- Investigate any mover you’re in consideration of employing with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website. You’ll find more unique information using these sources as opposed to exclusively using Google or Facebook for your research
- Your mover should not require a deposit of over 20%. Most movers receive payment after a job is complete and usually only request a deposit during the busy times of the year or for a complicated relocation.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call888-509-3213to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
You can expect fluctuations in prices given the type of movers you seek out. Specialty movers may charge more than a mom and shop pop yet offer more complete moving solutions. Thankfully, there are quite a few ways to keep your moving costs down. A standout amongst the best, yet least utilized ways of getting your moving cost down is to garner 3 or 4 in home estimates and inquire to each mover asking if they are willing to beat the prices of their competitors. Often times you can lock in a lower rate just by asking the question. Be sure to ask about binding and not to exceed estimates from your prospective movers as well. These arrangements set the price for your move irrespective of changing market conditions or unforeseen costs.
Contingent on the specifics of your move, some cost saving measures may be more relevant than others. Some ways to cut down on your moving expense are:
- Donate and/or sell items you no longer have use for. It’s a waste of money to transport items you no longer want to your new home. By selling some of your lesser used items you also make some extra money before you move.
- Have a lot of books, dvds or cds? Well you’re in luck! The US Post Office offers media mail shipping at a much lower rate than standard first class postage. By shipping those big, heavy boxes to your new residence ahead of time, you’ll cut into your moving expense across the board.
- Old garments and clothes make phenomenal box insulators for your fragile items as opposed to purchasing bubble wrap.
- Nearly every grocery store or retail outlet gets cardboard box shipments of their merchandise every day. By asking a store worker about their extra cardboard, they should set some aside for you to pick up at another time.
- Ask prospective movers about any promotions they currently have running. You may be able to garner a discount if your a member of an organization such as the military AAA or AARP. Seniors and students may also be eligible upon inquiry.
- Your neighborhood Dollar Store has tapes and glues priced at $1 to help further lower your expenses.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Moving someone’s home or business is a personal affair due to the nature of the work involved. Handling a family’s personal possessions and entering their homes carries an enormous responsibility that shouldn’t be taken lightly. At A1, we understand the sensitive nature of a move and work to ensure your expectations are exceeded at every juncture. Throughout the years, we’ve been able to establish an expansive service list that we hope can cater to any move under the sun. Our services include:
- All types of industrial, residential and commercial relocations
- Full and partial moving services
- Packaging materials and services
- Equipment rentals
- Auto transports
- Local, regional, state to state and international moves
- Specialty moves
- Debris pickup and recycling solutions
- Storage options
- Satellite tracking and insurance included
Preparing for a Move
In a perfect scenario, you should schedule your movers 2 months ahead of your move date. This should give you plenty of time to transfer all of your information to your new residence while affording you an opportunity to get your old place ready to be moved. When your movers arrive, be sure they have parking as close to the door as possible and that they have space to extend the ramp on their truck. Have doors propped upon, carpets covered and corridors free of clutter so they can expedite the process as much as possible. Also consider having some refreshments on hand along with some cash if your movers work up to your expectations.