Cheap Movers In Cathedral City
Cheap Movers in Cathedral City
Moving is a common life event that comes with its very own set of trials and tribulations to wade through. Given the possible complexity and scale of a relocation to Cathedral City, CA, it’s imperative to properly research prospective movers to ensure they have the experience and capabilities to facilitate your move. When considering the wide array of options in the moving marketplace, finding a company that meets your needs can be elusive. At A1, we have your best outcome in mind and when you talk to one of our moving professionals, we’ll work together to create a moving solution you can rely on.
Hiring Professional Movers
Employing a reputable moving service grants a variety of benefits that can affect numerous areas of your life. For starters, since moving involves a great deal of laborious work, having movers tend to it reduces your risk of injury and damage to your property. Movers are also trained in packaging items and loading/unloading trucks. This results in boxes being packed efficiently and transported to and from the truck quicker than if you had gone at it alone. Some other benefits that hiring a mover provides include:
- You won’t have to make multiple trips to ensure everything arrives at your new location. Moving companies have numerous trucks that come in different sizes that allows them to relocate the entirety of your belongings in a single trip.
- Hiring a mover reduces the wear and tear on your personal vehicles.
- Movers are required by law to insure your items when they are on the job. Each state has varying levels of insurance requirements for movers headquartered within them.
- Keeping a majority of your moving costs on a single invoice is handy. Especially come tax time when moving expenses can be used as a tax deduction.
- Knowing that your move is being handled by a professional, reputable company relieves much of the stress that comes with moving.
Even though movers provide a fantastic service and convenience, there is still some vetting one must do to make sure the company you hire is all they’re cracked up to be. A quick google search will reveal dozens of movers in your area, but how do you choose the right one? After you have taken stock of your moving needs and found 3 or 4 potential movers suited for your job, you’ll want to know more about who’ll be handling your stuff. Fortunately, there are a few ways to go about this.
- Movers that work across state lines are required to have a USDOT number that’s searchable on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration There you’ll find information about accident histories, business name changes and more.
- Websites with review platforms such as Google, Facebook, and Yelp are good ways to learn about prior customer experiences along with other company details such as services offered and contact information.
- When receiving in home estimates pay attention to how thorough the representative is being when going through your rooms. The more thorough the estimate, the increased likelihood that the final cost will be close to the estimated price
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
Whenever folks are planning a move, they tend to be particularly mindful of where they spend their money and with good reason. Buying or renting a new place includes having to pay deposits and application fees just so you can move in. Thankfully, hiring a moving organization is a lot more affordable than most people might think. This thought is based on the numerous expenses that have to be paid in order to get your belongings from your former place to your new one, no matter how you do it. Some of which includes:
- Fuel costs
- Vehicle wear and tear
- Hauling equipment
- Packaging materials
- Hotel rentals
Given that much of the expense related to moving is unavoidable, a big reason why one should consider hiring movers is just how efficient they are. Nearly every cost in the aforementioned list can be facilitated by movers working quicker and safer than if you were to do it yourself. Having trained, experienced professionals tending to each expense facet of your move is part of makes hiring movers so affordable.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 Auto Transport is an industry leader in getting people and their items, where they need to go. Over the course of the past 30 years, we have continually added to our moving offerings to provide a more complete and catered solution to whomever seeks out our services. We offer:
- Industrial, commercial and residential relocations of all types
- Local, state to state, international and overseas moves
- Full service moves
- Packaging services
- Packaging materials
- Specialty moves
- Large and heavy equipment transports
- Auto transports
- Truck rentals
- Equipment rentals
- Storage solutions
- Debris pickup and recycling options
Preparing for a Move
Moving is a game of preparation and to know just how well you did can be determined by the state of things when you arrive at your new home. Is the electricity on and your address changed? Did you grab your dog’s veternarian records before you left? Do you have a first night bag ready to access important items? These are a few of the questions you’ll want to ask yourself at least 2 months before your moving date. This is why we strongly advise folks to prepare a moving notebook to write down tasks you’ll want to complete before moving. It’s all too easy to forget to transfer a utility or update a certain institution as to your address change.
As moving day approaches, we also suggest that your house be completely ready to go the night before your movers are to arrive. With surprising frequency, we see people still packing items and arranging their homes when the movers arrive, and it ends up only adding to their cost if the workers have to wait. Some tasks you could do to avoid this are:
- Ensure your movers have enough parking to load and unload the truck.
- Have hallways and doorways free of debris to ensure your mover’s safety.
- Unplug your appliances and inform your movers if anything needs disassembled.
- Cover your carpets with plastic wrap to protect it from foot traffic.
- If your movers work up to your specifications, consider grabbing a cash tip for them.