Cheap Movers in Brent
There will come a time when you need to move and by working with a professional moving service, you’ll eliminate unnecessary hassle and be able to focus on enjoying your new location. With A-1, we bring a catered moving solution with local, licensed movers in Brent on the backbone of 30 years of moving experience. Relocating with a moving company can actually save money when you consider the time it takes to pack up your household, the numerous trips to and from your vehicle, and the fuel costs/distance involved.
Hiring Professional Movers
There are a lot of moving parts that go into any move, and it’s important to weigh your options in finding a professional moving company that works for you. Three important considerations include what the company wants to charge for the relocation, the public’s reception of said company, and their industry experience.
- Cost. While an obvious consideration, be careful of deals that seem to be “too good to be true”. Also some due diligence will go a long way in checking whether or not the mover is insured or either licensed by the state or has a DOT (Department of Transportation) Number. You do not want companies cutting corners on your belongings!
- Reception. Most moving companies these days have an online presence whether in the form of a website, social media page or Google’s search results. There is tremendous value in seeing prior customer’s perceptions of your mover and it can tip the scale between working with Company A or Company B. Be especially mindful of recent reviews as it can provide insight to the mover as they are currently.
- Experience. Experience plays a factor in most things in life and moving is no different. As a company garners more years in the industry, they do a wider array of moves. With more moves under their belt a company tends to refine their moving/packing practices resulting in customers items arriving safely and securely more often.
The Cost of Moving
There’s a perception that hiring a moving company will cost you more than renting a truck or having your friends help you out. But what’s sometimes forgotten are all the hidden costs that go into a move that a professional moving company already handles in the backdrop. From dollies, boxes, packing materials and tape to fuel costs and experienced movers at your side, the help is really invaluable in the right setting. There are levels of service that come from most moving companies if a full service option isn’t what you need. Many moving companies will give discounts if your items are already packed or if you are flexible as to your move day. Here are some other ways to save on your move.
- Start accumulating boxes and packing supplies (newspapers, tape etc.) prior to your move. Many stores have extra cardboard boxes and old newspaper store ads that they’ll happily give if you talk to the right person.
- Using blankets, linens, towels and cloths can save money on bubble wrap and packing supplies as well.
- If you have a lot of books, shipping them ahead of time via USPS’s media mail service can save you money. Most movers take weight into account when moving your items and books can be quite heavy.
- Inquire about discounts that may be available to you. Students, military personnel, seniors, and AAA members typically can receive discounts. There may be seasonal promotions and/or local community offerings that can be found online or by calling around.
- Pack everything yourself! Albeit the most time consuming method, it’ll allow you to know exactly where everything is while not having to outsource the work. Many moving companies offer partial service moves for folks who packed everything ahead of time.
- Try to negotiate with your moving company. Some movers will price match and/or add an extra discount to get them under their competitors. Shop around!
How Much Will My Move Cost?
Your mover has a myriad of factors to take into account when calculating your moving costs. Some of those include current fuel prices, the distance to your new location, the time of year, the labor involved and the type of move you’re doing. We do add free insurance and real-time satellite tracking just by working with A-1.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 offers a full suite of moving and storage solutions and it allows us to help our customers stay on budget without sacrificing quality. It’s pretty unique when we can’t find an avenue to meet our customer’s needs, and if that is the case, we’ll refer you to someone who can! With decades of industry experience, we are well versed in a variety of moves including but not limited to:
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Preparing for a Move
Proper planning prevents poor performance and when relocating this is especially true. There is a lot to consider and a checklist is a great way to organize all that needs done. At the same time, the satisfaction of crossing off these tasks will motivate you to finish the rest.
- Forward mail
- Transfer utilities
- Change of address (including government offices, banks etc.)
- Label moving boxes
- Address minor home repairs
- Schedule internet install date
- Update your driver’s license
- Make an essential box with everything you’ll need for the first day in your new home
- Transfer prescriptions to new pharmacy
- Return any library books, movie rentals, or borrowed items from friends
- Transfer insurance (homeowner’s, rental, car)
- Backup computer
- Measure doorway width and heights to make sure items will fit
- Request time off work
- Get multiple moving company estimates and compare costs
- Request transcripts from your child’s former school for their new one
- Service vehicle
- Garage sale
- Set up trash and recycling at new residence
- Check every room and closet one last time to make sure nothing is left behind
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.