Cheap Movers In Bloomington
How to avoid being a Victim of Moving Scams
The moving industry is inflated with discreditable movers looking to scam unsuspecting clients. Fortunately, you can avoid getting scammed by rogue companies by choosing a reliable and professional moving company among Bloomington cheap movers.
Learn a few tips and tricks on how to avoid landing on the hands of rogue movers. You don’t want to lose your belongings and hard earned money. Some of the scams include;
- Late or No delivery- This is one of the worst frauds. A mover will come to your house or office, pack your furniture, load them into a moving truck and promise to deliver your items on time. Hours later, they will call giving many excuses, and you may end up receiving your items late or not get them at all.
- On the other hand, if a moving company have violated licensing or their trucks may get impounded by the Department of Transportation, they will deliver your goods once they get released or not deliver at all. Remember your items may even be confiscated until the matter is cleared.
- Hostage- a moving company will provide you with an estimate but add extra charges later once they have your goods in their possession. You may have to pay some additional cost if you want your belongings back,
- Reckless Abandonment- This happens when you hire untrained and unreliable movers. A rogue mover will load your items, take your money and later abandon your belongings either in a moving storage unit or outside your house. You may have to hire another agent to unpack your stuff and reassemble your furniture.
- Bait and Switch – This is one of the most common moving scams. With everyone searching for cheap moving services, most clients fall prey due to low prices. A rogue mover will give you a cost estimate for your commercial or residential moving process, and then switch the deal at the last minute. They lure clients with low-ball estimates only to increase the price and alter rates, later. You may have no choice other than pay the high cost.
Learn How to Avoid These Scams
Relocation is an expensive affair that will drain you not only financially, but also emotionally and physically. Don’t make your office moving process more stressful by falling into common pitfalls set by rogue movers.
Demand an In-home Estimate
An estimate given over the phone or through an email can never be accurate. Ask a full-service moving company to conduct an on-site survey to ascertain the costs of your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Inquire on Accessorial Services
Apart from the necessary moving services like loading, packing, unpacking, and unloading, movers offer additional services which they don’t include in the cost estimate. Confirm their rates on heavy lifting, storage, towing, handling unique items, and so on.
Check if the company is licensed and insured. Interstate and cross-country movers are required to have a USDOT number. Verify the insurance documentation to be sure that your items will be safe in their possession.
Hire the Right Mover
Hiring the right company will make your move smooth and stress-free. Ensure you hire trained movers and packers who have the experience to handle local and long-distance moves smoothly and efficiently.
Check the Company’s Complaint History
Check the mover’s complaints by reading reviews on the BBB website. Are their workers courteous, reliable and trusted? Does the company change its rate later after loading goods into THEIR moving truck?
Your moving day should be exciting with affordable services. If you get the top Bloomington cheap moving companies, you can be sure to get quality moving labor services. We also have the right tools to load and unload your prized possessions and provide a free quote. To learn more, call us today!