Cheap Movers In Birmingham
Cheap Movers in Birmingham
The moving process is never completely free of stress but you can reduce a considerable amount of your responsibility by hiring an experienced moving company. The assistance provided by the movers will only make everything easier and less risky. Actually, hiring a moving company for services is less expensive than conducting a move alone. Fortunately, there are many movers out there available to choose from.
It is especially important to do your due diligence and compare several moving companies reputations, services and rates before you hire one to assist with your relocation around Birmingham. Hiring the right mover is crucial to the outcome of your move and if you wish for a smooth relocation, then research is a must.
Hiring Professional Movers
A moving company that works well for your friend may not be ideal for you. There are a myriad of factors that play into the decision making process from a full service move to a company someone to move your items to and from the truck. By knowing what to look for in a mover, you can narrow down your list of potential hires.
What to Look for in a Mover
- Find a mover with a strong history of being in business. Cutting corners on your personal belongings can be a risky bet.. Hiring an experienced mover will present less obstacles and risks during the relocation process.
- Go online to search for the most renowned review sites. Read the reviews and testimonials of all the relevant movers nearest to your current residence. Check the ratings given to each potential mover too. The mover you hire should have an outstanding reputation.
- State laws set the minimum insurance requirements for the moving companies within their borders. Some movers offer additional insurance plans. It is always in your best interest to have full coverage.
- Ensure your moving company has completed the FMSCA process and has a USDOT number if they move across state lines.
- When applicable, other services can be available such as full service moves, high priority services or speciality moves. Although these types of services will increase the cost of your move, they certainly make the relocation easier on everyone in your family.
As you search the Internet for movers nearby Birmingham, make sure to check out their websites for information regarding their credentials. If they carry the right characteristics, write down their contact information so you can call them for a quote and ask questions. Once you gather all the info you need, start comparing your results.
The Cost of Moving
The actual cost of your move is not determined immediately. Most moving companies will arrive to your house to perform an assessment before turning over an honest cost for their moving services. During this time period they’ll set you up with the right truck and detail the scope of the move and the reasoning for their pricing. Keep all the paperwork they give to you and use it to your advantage when weighing your options.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
There are several things that determine how much your relocation will cost in the end. In fact, there is quite a bit to be considered. This is why it’s important that you take advantage of online estimators and telephone quotes so that you have a rounded figure to use for comparison purposes when you’re deciding to hire for your relocation. However, if you’re curious how movers calculate the total cost of your move, here is what they must know first…
- Current gas prices
- The weight of all the belongings to be transported by the movers
- Time and labor costs
- Material and supply cost
- Tax rates
- Mileage between moving locations
- The time of the year your moving date is set for
The total weight of your household items is calculated after it has been fully loaded onto the truck that was chosen for your relocation after the evaluation took place. The truck is weighed before it ever reaches your home for the loading process. Then, it is weighed a second time once all your stuff is loaded onto it. To get the exact weight of your moving load the movers will deduct the truck’s weight once your possessions are loaded into it.
Cut the Cost of Your Relocation Services
- Many movers run seasonal promotions, year round discounts to military members, senior citizens and students, and deals. Take advantage of any reductions that you can.
- If you have any old, broken or useless items- throw them away. For any items in good condition that you’re willing to rid of, try selling them online or in a garage sale. The less you have for the movers to care for, the less you’ll pay for moving services.
- Instead of purchasing new materials, gather boxes from local stores, friends and family. Use linens, newspapers and paper plates as a way to protect your breakable items and as fillers for empty voids in boxes.
- Avoid unforeseen charges by preparing for your move out of Birmingham. Make sure the home and all entryways are clean and free of clutter and possible hazards.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 has an abundance of moving and storage services to choose from. This makes it possible for us to appeal to all types of relocations as well as any budget restrictions. Every relocation comes along with different demands. So in case you’re curious, here is what we have to offer anyone that is interested in hiring A1 for professional moving services:
- Commercial Relocations
- Office Relocations
- Residential Moving
- Military Relocations
- Door to Door Delivery
- Full Service Packing
- Packing Supplies and Materials for Sale
- Heavy Furniture Moving
- Auto Transport Services
- Full Moving Packages
- Student Relocations
- High Priority Services
- Long Distance Moving
- International Moving
- Local Moving
Preparing for a Move
There is one definite way to make sure the move is successful and that is by preparing for it’s arrival the best you can. The greatest way to begin your preparation is by writing out a checklist so that you can stay on top of all there is to be fulfilled before the day the movers are due to arrive for the loading process. Your checklist should include all minor details to more important ones like completing school and job transfers or finding a babysitter for the kids on moving day.
If packing alone, start this process at least a couple months before the relocation is to take place. Be sure that you purchase or gather the right packing materials such as assorted box sizes, packing tape, scissors, markers for labeling, and other relevant supplies. Pack one room at a time starting with the room used the least. Keep all boxes against the walls of each room that they were packaged in. Once you fill a box, label it with the room it is to go in after it is delivered and feel free to include any other brief details.