- Bessemer Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Characteristics All Movers Should Have
- The Cost Of Moving
- Compare The Services And Rates Of Each Mover
- Ways To Reduce The Cost Of Moving
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
Bessemer Cheap Movers Near Me
Whether you are planning a move to or outside of Bessemer, there is only one surefire way to go about the relocation. By hiring professional movers, you can rest assured that your household goods are in great hands. Any long standing moving company with a positive reputation is bound to have what it takes to move your belongings safely and successfully. Matter of fact, at A1 we can provide an array of moving and storage solutions due to our access to the latest in transport technologies and high quality moving equipment.
If you decide to hire professional Alabama movers, it’s wise to start your search for the right company at least a few months in advance. The Internet is the greatest and easiest way to find a mover with the rates and services you desire. Look for movers nearby and you’ll certainly pull up a bunch of potential hires. Create a list of movers to call once you are certain they carry the proper qualities.
Hiring Professional Movers
Overall, hiring movers will save you time, money and stress. It’s also the absolute safest way to have your things delivered to another location. Actually, there are many benefits to hiring movers, so to give you an idea of how they can be so advantageous, here are some of the ways…
- As skilled movers they will have the proper training and experience to successfully and confidently carry out relocations.
- Your movers will have the ability to carefully transport your goods due to their access to all the right equipment, haulers, packaging materials, supplies, etc.
- They will cautiously move out and move in your belongings by ensuring that floors, walls, door frames and other parts of your home remain unharmed during the packing, unpacking, loading and unloading processes.
- All moving companies will form a systematic plan customized to your move to assure a smooth relocation.
- Using the latest in technology, your movers are able to avoid traffic, bad weather and/or construction while en route.
- By state law, all licensed moving companies are required to provide their customers with at least the minimum amount of insurance coverage.
- The movers will make it easy to find the right moving and storage solutions by offering an assortment of options at affordable rates.
- The moving company you hire should maintain a positive reputation among past customers. You can find reviews and ratings for movers on a number of different sites including Yelp, the BBB and Google Maps.
The Characteristics All Movers Should Have
- Positive reviews and ratings showcased online through the BBB and review sites.
- A proven history in the relocation and transport industries.
- They have a variety of moving and storage services.
- They carry relevant certifications proving their success as well as all mandatory licensing.
- All of the moving company’s employees are trained and experienced movers. This puts the entire relocation process at less risk from injuries and accidents.
- They should have friendly, knowledgeable and helpful customer service representatives answering phone calls.
- As licensed movers, they offer at least the mandatory state minimum insurance coverage to every customer.
The Cost of Moving
The total cost of your move through professionals is dependent on many things. Until the movers are given certain details they can’t provide an exact figure. Here are some of the things that your mover will need to know before they can provide you with the true cost of your moving services through them:
- The current gas prices
- The miles/distance between both homes
- The time of year the move is taking place
- How much time and labor is needed to successfully complete the relocation
- The moving and/or moving services you want to buy
- The weight of your belongings the movers must transport
Take into account that when you go through A1 for relocation help, you’ll receive free insurance coverage and satellite tracking services. We also offer all military men and women, senior citizens and students reduced rates all year round!
Compare the Services and Rates of Each Mover
To find the best yet most affordable moving company, compare the services and rates of several movers first. As you search the Internet for the right mover, write down the ones that interest you but as previously stated, make sure they possess the characteristics of professionals. Once you have a small list created, contact each one for a quote or make use of their online calculator if they happen to have one on their website. Comparing the services and rates between each mover will help guide your decision on whom to hire and ensure that you get the greatest service at the lowest possible rate.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to Reduce the Cost of Moving
The cost of relocation whether you’re moving near or far, is presumably daunting. Luckily, relocation services are known for their cost efficiency but even so, there are ways you can reduce the cost of your move when you choose to go through professionals like A1. Here are just some of the many ways you can lessen the overall cost of your move:
- Make it a point to search the movers’ websites or call in to inquire about any current discounts, promotions and deals.
- Get rid of any household goods or belongings that no longer serve use to you. Reducing the overall weight of stuff you have for the movers to relocate will also decrease the cost of your move.
- If possible, remain as flexible as possible especially with the timeframe in which you’re able to move. Some months are referred to as the “off-season” by moving professionals which usually leads to steeper discounts and deals to lure in more business.
- Stay organized to minimize the possibility of an accident and to further avoid any extra expenses.
- Instead of purchasing all of the required packaging materials and supplies, you can collect boxes from local shops, friends or family. You can also use linens, Styrofoam plates, newspapers and other soft materials to fill any empty spaces within the boxes or to wrap and protect breakable items.
- Hold a garage sale to earn extra money before the relocation takes place. Remember, this will also reduce the cost of your moving services since less weight will be transported.
- Pack a suitcase and have all members of your family do the same. Pack up personal items, clothes and anything else you may need during your travels to the new home as well as for your first few days staying there. This will also reduce the amount of things the movers are responsible for transporting.
- Hire a moving company that offers at least the minimal amount of insurance coverage as mandated by their state. This is usually somewhere around $0.60 per pound. Many movers will offer supplemental insurance plans for customers that wish for extra protection. It’s wise to be prepared for the unknown.
- To avoid paying any extra fees, be as prepared as you can for the movers. Make sure that your home is free of clutter and that they have somewhere nearby the entrance of the home to park. The easier it is for the movers, the less time it will take for them to do their job and the less risk there is for accidents or injuries.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 takes pride in providing their customers with options. We offer a vast variety of moving and storage services. Not only do our many options make it easy to customize your relocation process to suit your needs but they make it easier to work within your budget. Here is just a preview of what we offer:
- Local and Long Distance Moves
- Small Moves- Apartment, Studio, Dorm, etc.
- Heavy Furniture and Pool Table Moves
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moves
- International Moves
- Office Relocations
- Auto, Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
- Residential and Commercial Relocations
- A Variety of Storage Solutions
Preparing for a Move
Preparing for your relocation is the absolute greatest way to ensure its success. It is less likely that you’ll face any obstacles when you’re well-prepared for your move. To get ready for the move, there are a number of things you can do. Below, we’ve created a list of ways you can efficiently prepare so that your move goes along smoothly.
- Create a budget for your moving services through professionals. Make sure you’re realistic about it and that you leave room for unforeseen expenses.
- Read all documents before signing any contracts with the movers.
- Have a babysitter scheduled to watch the kids and/or pets on moving day.
- Make sure all utility, school, job and medical record transfers are completed before the day of relocation.
- Start packing weeks in advance if you chose to pack without the help of professionals. Although full service moves and full packing services make relocation much less stressful and time-consuming, you can save money by packing on your own. Just make sure to allot yourself plenty of time to get everything packed accordingly before the movers arrive.
- Have the house clean and ready for the movers so that they can quickly and safely load the truck.
- Keep inventory of your belongings and make a moving checklist to keep track of all that must get done.