Cheap Movers in Benson
Relocating locally, nationally or overseas is a time consuming, life changing event. No matter the distance between places, moving has been proven to be one of the most stressful events of someone’s life, and with good reason. Transplanting one’s home or business requires attention to detail, early planning and option exploration in order to have a smooth transition. There are many companies vying for your business in and around Benson, Arizona.
Deciphering and sifting through a lot of the moving lingo can be overwhelming when comparing and contrasting reliable local movers. With the advent of the internet, the process has been much simplified due to the general accessibility of information. There is still tremendous value in communicating with potential movers over the phone and meeting them in person. At A1, we want to help you through the moving process and answer any questions you might have.
Hiring Professional Movers
There are a variety of traits to look for when selecting a mover that works out best for you. Some aspects may be based on your preference such as cost or availability. While others are required by law such as having a USDOT number if they move across state lines or a minimum level of insurance as mandated federally. There are some other attributes you should be mindful of such as:
- A positive online feedback score indicates a mover takes care of their customers. The more reviews, the better, with emphasis on recent relocations.
- A willingness to provide an in home estimate and walkthrough.
- Your mover should not require a large deposit or complete payment prior to your move date.
- Check and see if your mover has changed the name of their business in the past. Companies will do this to avoid the negative feedback garnered under a different business name.
Much like most of life’s purchases, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of hiring a mover and how it impacts you. Hiring a moving service provides tremendous benefit for a variety of moves, but where your needs lie will determine the optimal route to go. Those in need of full packaging services to move their company headquarters may have more incentive to utilize a moving service than someone may be heading off to college. In any case, the reasons are numerous to employ a moving company, including:
- Hiring a moving service dramatically reduces your risk of injury during the heavy lifting portions of moving day.
- Movers are experienced at hauling all sorts of items and have the proper equipment to transport and secure your items during the move.
- You won’t be required to make multiple trips from your former place to your new one. Your moving company will get you there in one trip reducing your carbon footprint.
- Moving companies save you money. You won’t have to take time off work to pack or buy packaging materials since those items are generally included in your mover’s estimate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
There are a few misconceptions concerning the moving industry and one of those is that moving can be sometimes prohibitively expensive. The mentality stems from knowing the magnitude of work involved in transplanting a home or a business. A more realistic viewpoint is that mover’s end up saving you a bunch of time and money, freeing you for one of the many other tasks to handle in preparing for your move. On top of that, there’s quite a bit you can do on your end to extend your savings.
- Call local brick and mortar stores in your area and see if they get any extra cardboard boxes throughout the week. Most larger establishments have more than enough to share.
- Pack as many of your items as you can yourself, this will save you the expense of having your movers do it. Be sure to ask about their boxing standards since some movers won’t transport items improperly packaged.
- Host a garage sale or consider selling some of your unused items before you move. You’ll end up making money before you leave, and save on transport with a lighter load when you take off.
- When inquiring to different movers, see what promotions they have going and how you might be able to leverage them. They may include organizational discounts, off peak savings, or other offers.
- Since your mover is required to include basic insurance coverage for your goods, you’d end up being covered in case disaster strikes.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A-1 has been getting people moved around the world for the better part of the last 30 years. With a varied portfolio of completed moves in our background, we’re confident we can create a solid logistical approach to whatever moving need is required. Some of our relocation services include:
- Residential moves such as homes, apartments and studios
- Commercial moves such as offices, stores and warehouse
- Industrial moves such as heavy equipment, large items or supply loads
- Local, national and international shipping
- Delivery and storage solutions
- Full and partial services including packaging
Preparing for a Move
When you make the decision to move there’s a lot to take into account. The act of moving itself is only one aspect of the process. We advise folks to start planning their move a few months ahead of time and to book their movers at least 2 months in advance. This will give you the opportunity to comparison shop and pack at your leisure. You will also have time to clear all the walkways of boxes and items for your movers and make sure they have a place to park.
We further recommend people take advantage of making checklists to handle all the comings and goings of a move. From making sure your address gets changed to the utilities getting transferred, there is a lot to take into account and list making can help with that. You may want to consider making a new list each week leading up to your move. It will help you prioritize tasks as they come up and delay others that can wait.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.