Cheap Movers In Bakersfield
Checklist to use for Bakersfield cheap Moving Services
Before you jump into a pool, you probably want to put your toe in it. The process of moving your household goods and relocating, whether over a short or long distance, is usually a hard decision.
Using the following cheap moving services checklist will go a long way in knowing what you need to do before relocating to a new city. It will also enable you to assess the available Bakersfield, California cheap moving companies.
What you need to do before relocating to a new city
Do’s and Don’ts
Your current residence
Do not move in a quick way such that you leave behind a trail of disorder in the place that you are presently living. You need to leave a good legacy.
- If your current residence was a rental house, try to estimate the time of your residential moving and be courteous to notify your landlord in good time to give him or her time to reimburse all the necessary deposits.
- In case the current residence is yours, you probably want to rent it out rather than selling it with this fluctuating economy. Additionally, you will feel comforted knowing that if you decide to come back, you will have a roof over your head.
- Give an official shut date to utilities. Do not forget to give a forwarding address to receive any possible refunds of deposits.
- Remember to notify the local post office of the address to forward to for your mail services before your relocation.
Your current job
If your current position is going to be affected by the move, it is important to handle it with gentleness as jobs are hard to come by. Be courteous to inform your boss before the mover moves your luggage. It is also good to analyze the commercial impacts when moving to your new location. Arrange your office items in preparation for office moving.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Do the following:
- Give an on-time notification so that your employer may have ample time to do a replacement.
- Do not leave on bad terms as you may need your current employer in the future for reference.
- Check whether there will be a place for you in the company should you decide to return
Moving your things
Companies offering moving and storage services have different quotes for different packages. Go through each quote offered by each company in Bakersfield. Settle for the one with good reviews and is affordable. As much as you have some cheap professional moving companies in mind, you should get rid of the things that will just increase the costs of moving. You can sell such stuff like old furniture or donate them.
When moving day comes, there are two things that you need to consider to avoid any stressful episodes:
- Will the new house be able to accommodate your belongings that you are packing or do you need moving storage facility?
- Will the weather be an issue? And if so, move the items that you will probably need.
These two also apply when you are moving interstate and cross country. Always consider hiring full service moving company as it will do everything efficiently. They will also provide heavy lifting tools for unloading from their trucks, and other moving labor tasks.
Vital information and records
In case there are key accounts records and information that you will be required to transfer once you move, it is crucial that you note this information beforehand for a stress-free job.
Nobody should be trusted with your private items such as precious metals and money.
Some of the information and records include:
- Insurance; Make sure your goods are insured
- Safety deposit box.
- Your licensed Driver’s document.
- School records.
- Medical records.
- Bank records.
- Medical documents
These are records that you need to be careful not to lose while packing and unpacking things on the moving truck. Get a free quotation from our office compare our prices with that of other cheap movers in Bakersfield. There is no other company in Bakersfield, California that can charge you a better price