- Alabaster Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Benefits Of Hiring Professionals
- What To Look For In A Moving Company
- How To Choose A Moving Company
- The Cost Of Moving
- How The Cost Of Your Moving Services Are Calculated
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
- Responsibilities To Put On Your Moving Checklist
Alabaster Cheap Movers Near Me
Moving to or from Alabaster is easiest done with the assistance of experienced movers. Not only is it much easier on you, but it is more affordable too. Although many are frightened by the potential costs of hiring professionals for services, it is actually more cost effective to hire a moving company for their help. They will be there to guide you every step of the way if you need them to be. Luckily, you won’t have to search too hard for the right mover. A1 has all the right qualities and prices to make sure every one of their customers is satisfied.
Hiring Professional Movers
The Benefits of Hiring Professionals
There are so many wonderful advantages that come along with hiring a moving company for relocation services. In fact, the biggest advantage and reason to hire movers is that they will take a lot of the weight off your hands- literally. You’ll have much less responsibility during the relocation which will only give you more time to focus on your daily endeavors and other facets of the relocation. Here are just a few of the greatest reasons for hiring long standing movers...
- It is less expensive to hire movers for your relocation than it is to try and perform the move on your own.
- You will face a lot less responsibility during the relocation especially if you choose full service moving or full packing services.
- Movers are experienced and trained to handle all kinds of moves. You can rest assured that your possessions are in caring, capable hands.
- There is a lot less risk involved when professionals oversee the relocation.
- Buying moving services is a great way to remain organized and on top of the relocation.
What to Look for in a Moving Company
When you are on the Internet searching for a potential mover to hire, make sure you are looking for all the right information pertaining to each moving company you check out. You will want to make sure the relocation company you hire has specific traits that help them to rise above the other nearby movers. Take a look at the list below to understand what you should be looking for...
- As a long running, highly admired mover, they should possess BBB endorsement, state licensing, USDOT registration, and any other relevant certifications as mandated by local, state or federal agencies
- You can easily find great reviews, positive testimonials and high star ratings left by past customers of the moving company
- As a mover they should have access to the most durable shipping equipment and tools, high quality supplies and materials, help with labor, and the newest shipping technologies
- You should have a variety of moving and storage services to choose from so that you can tailor your relocation according to what suits you best
How to Choose a Moving Company
Searching the Internet is the easiest way to find the right moving company. As you search for movers local to you, you’ll notice that you have a million options. To condense the amount of movers you have to choose from, look for the qualities we listed above. Once you have a small list of potential movers, call each one to obtain more information including a free estimate for comparison purposes.
As you’re on the phone with each of the moving companies you have interest in, ask about their insurance coverage. According to state law, all licensed moving companies must carry the minimum amount of insurance as set by that state. It is always wise, especially with large or long distance moves, that all your belongings are insured to their full value. If you wish for full coverage or additional insurance protection, ask the movers if they offer supplemental plans.
The Cost of Moving
A moving company with a history in the industry should already own or have complete access to all that is needed to successfully and safely carry out relocations. Due to their capabilities, you won’t be responsible for finding any of the necessary components such as haulers, moving materials, and more. In fact, it is much cheaper to go through a mover than it is to carry out the relocation on your own.
To reduce the costs of your future move, here are some helpful money saving tips...
- Although it is convenient to purchase full service moving or full packing services if you can, these services aren’t absolutely necessary if you can’t afford them. By packing on your own, you could save yourself some money. Just make sure you pack according to the mover’s standards.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- The best way to pack up your stuff is by using the proper materials and supplies. However, this isn’t exactly necessary. To save on expenses, you can reuse various sized boxes you’ve saved over the years or that you received from others. Old linens and newspapers work great for wrapping your fragile items or to fill the empty spaces left inside the boxes after you pack them with your stuff.
- Many professional moving companies offer military, student and senior discounts along with seasonal promotions and other sales. You can always ask over the phone if they have any sales or deals you can take advantage of if you can’t find such information listed on their website.
How the Cost of Your Moving Services Are Calculated
When you contact the mover initially about their services, the quote you receive over the phone is likely not a true quote. It isn’t until the movers evaluate your home or weigh your belongings, that they’ll have a better idea of what your relocation might cost. Here are some of the factors that are considered by the movers before an honest calculation for services can be given...
- The most current fuel prices
- The miles between the locations your moving from and to
- The time of year the move is to take place
- How much time and labor is necessary to complete the relocation
- The types of moving services preferred
- The weight of the belongings to be transported
At A1, all of our customers benefit from free insurance coverage and satellite tracking services. Nonetheless, our insurance coverage won’t cover the entire value of your possessions so for additional insurance coverage, ask about our supplementary plans. We will charge a small fee for further insurance protection.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Through A1, you will have a vast selection of moving and storage services to choose from. With our wide range of services and ability to perform various types of moves, it is easier for us to help anyone who comes to us regardless of their budget. Some of the types of moves we can perform and some of the services we offer include...
- Local and Long Distance Moves
- State to State Moves
- Apartment and Studio Moves
- Heavy Furniture Moves
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moves
- Overseas Moves
- Office Relocations
- Auto, Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
- Residential and Commercial Relocations
- A Variety of Storage Solutions
Preparing for a Move
Preparing for relocation is the most tedious part of the entire process. Without proper and thorough preparation, something can easily go wrong. That’s why we suggest to all of our customers that they write out a moving checklist. Your checklist can include anything but it should definitely state every detail and task that must be completed during the process of relocation. Below are some examples of things you may want to add to your checklist.
Responsibilities to Put on Your Moving Checklist
- Complete transfers for all utilities, subscriptions, prescriptions, jobs, schools, etc.
- File your new place of residence with the United States Postal Service
- If you chose to pack alone begin months in advance, starting with the room you use the least. Get rid of anything that is no longer of use to you so that you can reduce the amount of weight the movers are responsible for moving
- Have someone set up to watch any pets or children during the scheduled day of the move
- Have everyone in your family pack a personal bag including their personal hygiene products, forms of entertainment, and other knick knacks they’d like on the ride or flight to the new home
- Have all entryways, hallways and stairs free of mess so that the movers can perform their job without any obstacles or potential injuries
Not all moving checklists will be the same, but that doesn’t matter. Make sure you include everything you need to get done before the move takes place or anything that involves the relocation at all. Then, as you fulfill these obligations, cross them off the list so that you remain on top of everything going on.