Cheap Movers In Alabama
Cheap Movers in Alabama
Planning a move in Alabama and afraid to spend too much? Well, believe it or not, hiring professional movers is the most affordable way to relocate. A licensed moving company has everything they need to successfully complete a timely move. At A1, we have a variety of cheap moving and storage solutions for you to consider including full service moves for those who wish to have less involvement in the process of relocation.
Hiring Professional Movers
The Benefits of Hiring Professionals
There are a million reasons to hire licensed movers for your relocation. Unfortunately, it would take us months to go over them all. So instead, we’ve decided to name just a few of the greatest advantages that come with hiring a professional moving company.
- It’s actually more affordable to purchase moving services than carry out a move alone.
- You’ll be relieved from many of your responsibilities. You will have a number of moving and storage services to choose from. Depending on what you prefer, your movers can do everything from loading and unloading to packing and unpacking.
- Your belongings are insured and handled with extreme care and professionalism.
- There are less risks involved when you hire skilled movers.
- It’s the overall the most convenient and organized way to go about relocation.
What to Look for in a Mover
When you are ready to hire a moving company for your future relocation, there are some things you should have knowledge of first. With a few tips and some friendly advice, you’ll certainly find the best movers for the job.
- All movers should have the right credentials. For instance, they should have BBB approval, state licensing, USDOT registration, and any other pertinent certifications
- They should have a great reputation as proven by a high star rating and positive reviews
- They have access to high quality moving equipment, haulers, materials and supplies as well as the latest transport technology
- You will have a variety of moving and storage solutions to select from
How to Choose a Moving Company
After you scour the Internet and find a few moving companies in Alabama with the right qualities, contact each one to ask questions and collect free quotes. Compare all the information you received from each mover. Then, select the one you feel gave you the best quote for the services they’re willing to provide.
As you’re on the phone with the moving companies, inquire about their insurance coverage. All licensed movers are required by the state to carry a specific amount of insurance. Some movers will offer additional insurance plans at low costs for those who wish for further protection. It’s best to have your cargo fully insured through the moving company since your homeowners or renters insurance won’t cover your items during the relocation.
The Cost of Moving
As previously stated, the cost of moving is less expensive through professionals. They already have access to the right equipment, haulers, tools, supplies, materials, and technology. You won’t be responsible for buying or renting the necessary components nor will you need to worry about fuel costs and other maintenance fees.
If you’re concerned with the price of moving, there are some ways you can reduce the costs associated with your relocation…
- Instead of purchasing full service moving or full packing services, you could choose to do the packing on your own.
- Although it’s wise to purchase high quality packaging materials if you choose to pack on your own, there are some ways you can reduce what you spend on materials and supplies. You can reuse any boxes that you might have or even ask a local store to save some for you. You may also use linens and newspaper to wrap your fragile items before packaging them, instead of buying packing peanuts and other box fillers to protect your goods.
- Take advantage of any discounts you might qualify for. Many moving companies offer student, senior, military and seasonal discounts and promotions. Make sure you ask the movers about their discounts and promotions when you call in for a quote.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How the Cost of Your Moving Services Are Determined
When you call in for a free quote or over the phone estimate, expect a to receive a roundabout figure, not an actual total for moving services. Most movers prefer to visit a person’s home to evaluate the space and the amount of items that they’ll need to transport before they can give out an honest total for their services. Here are some of the things that affect the cost of your moving services…
- The current cost of fuel
- The miles or distance between both locations
- The time of year during the transport (some movers hold seasonal promotions to increase business in the slower/colder months)
- How much time and labor is needed
- The types of moving services you chose to purchase
- The weight of your belongings
At A1, we like to add on free insurance coverage (this is not full coverage but we do offer it) and real time satellite tracking services. If you are a member of the military, a student or a senior citizen, we may even have discounted prices you can take advantage of. Feel free to inquire about these discounts and add ons when you call in for a quote and to schedule your relocation.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 has a wide range of moving and storage solutions for their customers to consider. In fact, our assortment of services makes it easier for us to work within a budget. It is rare that we can’t find our customers a solution that meets their financial means. Below, you’ll find a list of services we offer as well as the types of relocations we can help with.
- Local and Long Distance Moves
- State to State Moves
- Apartment and Studio Moves
- Heavy Furniture Moves
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moves
- International Moves
- Office Relocations
- Auto, Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
- Residential and Commercial Relocations
- A Variety of Storage Solutions
Preparing for a Move
Preparing for relocation in Alabama is one of the most time consuming parts of the entire process especially if you plan on packing yourself or when there’s multiple family members involved in the move. To stay on task with everything going on, you must stay organized and well-prepared. The greatest way to stay on top of it all is by creating a moving checklist to follow.
Examples of Responsibilities That Your Moving Checklist Might Include
- Transfer utilities, subscriptions, prescriptions, etc.
- Complete any school and/or job transfers
- Change your address
- If packing without assistance, start months in advance by packing up one room at a time. Start with the room you use the least first.
- Prepare a babysitter for any kids or pets on moving day
- Pack personal bags for the trip to your new home prior to packing everything else up for the movers
- Make sure the house is clean and free of clutter especially entryways, hallways and stairs so that the movers can conduct their job without worry
Of course, everyone’s moving checklist will differ. However, there are certain responsibilities that are inevitable such as address changes, and utility transfers. Make sure your list includes every last detail pertaining to your move. Cross off things as they’re completed or add on tasks as they arise during the relocation process.