The process of relocation never goes as well as planned when you try to complete the move without professional assistance. Many people are hesitant to hire a mover due to their fear of moving costs. However, moving services are quite affordable and cost efficient. The amount of time and stress they reduce is well worth the cost you pay in the end.
To find a reliable yet cheap mover, go online. Go through the movers’ websites to check out their services, credentials, rates and other pertinent information. Use their online calculators or call in to gather quotes from the ones that peak your interest. Once you feel certain about whom you’d like to hire, call them back to schedule your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to Reduce the Cost of Your Moving Services
- Ask the movers if they are currently running any sales or promotions. During the off-season, many movers will reduce their rates. Also see if you qualify for any discounts.
- Condense your things. Sort through your stuff and decide whether or not certain items are worth bringing to your new home. If they’re broken or useless, throw them away. If you no longer have use for them but they remain in decent condition, consider donating them or holding a garage sale to earn some extra money.
- There are some packing materials that you can’t substitute. However, instead of filling in voids in the boxes with packing peanuts and foam sheets purchased at the store or through the mover, use old newspaper and linens. You can even try to collect boxes for free from some of your local shops.
- Avoid unforeseen charges by preparing for relocation the best you can. Make sure the home and all entryways are clean and free of possible hazards. Have any documents and information requested by the mover ready for them when they arrive.
- Keep all your personal, sentimental and items of value with you during the process of relocation. Don’t expect the movers to be responsible for such items and you can avoid any risks of losing them.
Moving companies prefer to have advanced notice. Try to schedule your relocation months in advance if possible. Expedited or last minute moves tend to cost more due to their urgency.