Safe And Reliable Charleston Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Moving companies handle different types of requests. At times, clients may request to have their motorcycle shipped from one location to another. The circumstances in which motorcycle shipping services are required include:
- When the motorcycle is inoperable and needs to be transported for repair.
- When a motorcycle has been salvaged and needs to be handled with care.
- When a motorcycle dealer or manufacturer would like to ship their stock.
- When an individual has purchased a motorcycle and needs it to be transported to them safely.
- When extreme weather conditions make it impossible to ride the bike.
- When you are moving to a different location but the motorcycle is not the main means of transport.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
We have the following motorcycle shipping options available:
- Via air
- Via water
- Via road- using semi trucks, flat bed trucks or motorcycle trailers.
- Using enclosed containers.
- Using open air containers.
- Crated shipping.
Whichever method that you choose to ship your motorcycle, we ensure that it gets to Charleston safely and in good time.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
The following are some of the activities that go into preparing your motorcycle for shipping:
- Checking the battery and tire pressure.
- Disabling the alarm.
- Drain the fluids and disconnect the battery in case you are using the crated shipping option.
- Ensuring that the gas level is not above ¼ of the storage capacity.
- Removing any loose items or accessories.
- Washing your motorcycle thoroughly to ensure that the dirt is removed.
- Taking note of any marks and taking photos of the motorcycle (this is useful in case you are to file a claim in the event that any damage occurs while it is in transit).
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The following are some of the factors that you should consider when looking for a motorcycle shipping company:
- Effectiveness: Do they run smooth operations? Are they well-staffed and well-equipped?
- Reliability: Are they able to deliver the motorcycle as and when required?
- Affordability: Is the shipping cost within the market range and within your budget?
- Validity: Is the moving company running a legitimate business and do they possess the required licenses and certificates?
- Insurance: Is the company insured and do they guarantee you compensation in the event that the motorcycle is damaged while in-transit?
Why you should use A-1 Auto transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
The following are some of the reasons why A-1 Auto transport is the best from the rest and why you should choose us to handle your motorcycle shipping needs:
- We are highly qualified and have experience that spans over a period of more than two decades.
- We are able to deliver services and to delivery your motorcycle in the most effective manner possible. This is because we have the necessary equipment and highly qualified personnel.
- We are familiar with all that is required to ship to and within Charleston, and we can advise you accordingly. We also encourage you to be familiar with the motorcycle laws before you begin the shipping process.
- We give you real-time feedback and information on your delivery. We have invested in a good communication system so that you may receive tracking information on your bike.
- We offer you a hassle-free experience and you will have peace of mind that your move is being handled by trusted hands and a fully licensed company.
- We have been highly rated and the positive reviews are a reflection of the service that you may expect to receive when you hire us.
Our Charleston motorcycle shipping services
The following Charleston motorcycle shipping services are available:
- Open air transport
- Enclosed transport
- Door to door transport
- Terminal to terminal transport
- Crated transport
Talk To Us
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.