Canton Long Distance Moving Companies
So, the big day you’ve been waiting for is finally approaching. With A-1 Auto Transport just a call away, you have nothing to worry about. We are a Mississippi based mover, highly experienced in moving houses. We will make sure your move to Canton is as smooth as possible thanks to our team of experts. We offer exceptional moving services including vehicle transport.
Top 5 house moving tips
- Gather sufficient boxes for packing your stuff. Items like vases, antiques, artifacts need special attention hence you need to be extra careful when packing them. Movers provide boxes designed to keep your items safe.
- Put important documents, jewelry, and other valuable items in a separate bag or box. If you're driving, carry them with you in your car where they will be safe.
- Contact your utility companies and notify them of the planned move. Disconnecting some of the utilities early will save you money. Make arrangements to have them switch over the services to your new address or start looking for the best service providers at your new place.
- Change your address. This obvious but easy to forget step is crucial if you want to keep receiving bank statements and your monthly magazine subscriptions. This needs to be done at least two weeks in advance to give you time to notify your bank, family, and friends.
- Be available on moving day to answer questions and give directions to the movers when packing, loading and unloading your items. It will be easier for movers when they know where specific items need to be placed.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Liability: Professional movers take full responsibility for your items during a move. They are trained with techniques to pack carefully and load your items properly. You can trust them to deliver your items in perfect condition. If your items get damaged or lost while in their hands, you can expect full compensation. Discuss the various insurance options offered by your mover and pick the most convenient one.
- Efficiency: Your friends cannot match the services provided by professional movers. This is what they do on a daily basis which gives them a rich experience in moving household items. They work with speed and agility and will have your items packed and transported within the shortest time possible.
- Fewer injuries: Professional movers are equipped with the right tools and equipment to complete a move safely. They are physically fit and work in teams which makes their work easy and fast. The chances of getting injured will greatly be reduced since you won't participate in lifting heavy items.
- Peace of mind: With so many tasks to be completed, you can easily be overwhelmed if you don’t get professional help. When movers take over the moving process, they do everything to make your move run smoothly. They take precautions and are prepared for any obstacles that may arise. Your mind will be at ease knowing that there's nothing to worry about.
Tips to find a good moving company
When presented with moving documents, make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions. Check the bill of lading to verify that every detail is correct including the moving cost. Estimates should be written and signed by the mover. This step is important as it ensures you don’t get charged for services you didn’t agree to.
Only work with a registered moving company. The FMCSA is tasked with authorizing moving companies that comply with the government regulations. Long distance movers should have a valid USDOT Number while local movers should have an MPSC Number. Hiring licensed movers give you confidence that your items will be handled professionally.
Learn more about a moving company by reading online reviews from other customers. By sharing their experience, you will get an insight into how a particular mover operates. Check with the Better Business Bureau for unbiased reviews and ratings. The BBB also endorses moving companies that uphold professional business practices.
- Vehicle transport
- Full-service package
- International moves
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Storage services
- Long distance moving
Why hire us?
We offer unrivaled moving services locally and overseas. Our crew is carefully selected hence you can trust us to handle your belongings professionally and deliver them in one piece. We offer free advice on tricks and tips to help you move with ease. At A-1 Auto Transport, you are assured of a great moving experience.
Hire us today!
Book your moving date with us through our toll-free number 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.