Canton Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether your move is triggered by a new job posting or the need to join your spouse, you have to contend with the logistics involved such as packing and loading your household items. At A-1 Auto Transport, we believe everybody deserves to enjoy their move. We are based in Illinois and promise to help reduce the stress of moving by providing a wide range of unique services including vehicle transport. If you have a move to Canton looming in the horizon, don’t fret, we are here for you.
5 tips to ease your move
- Pack a survival kit. When you get to your new house, you’ll be too tired to start unpacking right away. Pack a few essential items in a bag or two so that you can unpack at your own pace; a change of clothes, bedsheets, a few utensils, and toiletries.
- Get sturdy boxes. Before you start packing, make sure you have plenty of boxes of different sizes. You can visit your local stores or order them from a moving company in your locality. You also need other packing supplies like sealing tape, markers and bubble wrap.
- Visit your new house. You may consider hiring cleaning specialists to have your home thoroughly cleaned before you move in. Also, check if any renovations are due especially the walls and floors.
- Contact your utility providers to have water, electricity, and internet up and running by the time you move into your new house. Remember to have your utilities disconnected at your current house a day before moving out.
- Purge your items. Get rid of household items you haven’t used for a while. Check your closets and dispose of or donate clothes that you don’t need.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
4 reasons you should hire a professional moving company
- Inventory: Listing down your items can be a hectic job. But with a professional moving company, nothing is left to chance. They have experts who will do an inventory of your belongings, with detailed information of their condition. The list will help account for any missing or misplaced items.
- Insurance: When you hire professional movers, your items get insured. They are responsible for your belongings and are obligated to replace any items damaged or lost while in their care.
- Safety: The staff of a professional moving company is well trained to handle your household items including delicate ones like the piano. They are used to carrying heavy furniture and fridges, and you have nothing to worry about. They use their skills and workforce to reduce chances of injuries.
- Reliability: You can be guaranteed that professional movers will honor the contract you signed and deliver on their promise. Unlike friends who can bail out on you last minute, movers have a reputation to build hence they must show up on time.
Ways of finding a reliable moving company
Ask your friends to recommend a few companies they have used in the past. Since they are people you trust, you’ll get an idea of which company to hire. However, you need to have other options since you might not feel the same way as your friends about a particular mover.
When reading a company’s reviews, don’t just look at their ratings but also the number of reviews. Only go for a mover that has a majority of positive reviews. Sites such as Yelp and HomeAdvisor are a great source of information and give details about moving companies.
Make sure your moving company has all the credentials required by the federal government. Interstate movers should have a USDOT Number while in-state movers must be licensed by the Illinois Commerce Commission.
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Door to door moving
- Corporate moving
- Residential moving
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Pet transport
- Furniture relocation
- Packing and unpacking
- Cheap Canton movers
Why hire us?
We are committed to providing outstanding moving services at pocket-friendly prices. Our professional staff ensures that your household items are handled with care and promptly delivered to your destination. We listen to you and suggest the best moving services to cater to your personal preferences. There’s no risk in hiring us simply because A-1 Auto Transport puts the welfare of clients first.
Why stress yourself looking for a moving company when we are just a call away? Speak directly to us by calling 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.