As a soldier in the military ready to relocate to Japan, you may want to consider having your vehicle imported. Japan makes it easy for anyone to have a vehicle brought into the country.
For military personnel, this task is even easier and often more affordable. Many international transport companies will offer discounts to those enlisted in the military.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Prepare the Military Vehicle for the Overseas Shipping Process.
Prepare the military car from the shipping process weeks before the transport is scheduled to begin. Trying to have everything prepared and ready according to Japan’s import policy takes some time to complete. On top of gathering the right documentation, the vehicle itself will need to be readied as asked for by the transport company. Fortunately, the transport company helps its customers with the process of complying with the foreign import policies. They are also experienced with shipping military cars and dealing with the rules held by the military.
By preparing the vehicle, you are assuring its safety during the transport to Japan. Those caring for the shipping process will also be kept safer with the fulfillment of vehicle prep.
- Clean the vehicle inside and out. Remove any items that weren’t on the vehicle after it was manufactured unless you are shipping the vehicle through enclosed shipping services.
- Check the tire pressure and the fluids.
- Leave the fuel tank less than ¼ full.
- Document and snap pictures of all present damage done to the automobile before its transport.
- If asked, disconnect battery and alarm system.
As stated above, there may be other preparation requirements to adhere to. It is your responsibility to make sure that these necessary matters are cared for. This will only make the transport easier on everyone involved. Contact the Embassy of Japan to learn more about import regulations for military vehicles.