Cambridge Long Distance Moving Companies
A-1 Auto Transport, Maryland, promises to make your move to Cambridge as seamless as possible. Our moving solutions are second to none, and we guarantee you'll have the best moving experience. We also relocate vehicles.
Top 5 moving tips
- Have a list: Write down everything you plan to do before moving day. Where to purchase boxes, which company to hire, and when to transfer your license are just a few examples. By listing everything, you'll stay focused and not leave out anything important.
- Packing supplies: You'll need plenty of boxes to pack your stuff. Preferably, look for small sized boxes because they are easy to carry and will prevent you from overloading. Items of the same room should be packed together to make it easier for you when unpacking.
- Purge your items: Sift through your household items to clear out anything you no longer use. Pack a few boxes for charity and if you can, hold a yard sale and use the proceeds to purchase a new carpet or refurbish your kitchen.
- Budget for your move: Plan your finances and set a budget limit for your move. Working without a financial plan is not wise and can lead to overspending. The budget will help you look for a mover that you can work with comfortably.
- Pet sitter: If you own a pet, consider looking for a friend to take care of your pet on moving day. Pets can cause distractions when they get excited hence slowing the movers down. Additionally, check with your mover if they offer pet transport so that you can make the necessary arrangements.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Professional services. Your friends might be willing to help you move, but they cannot match the expertise of professional movers. Movers are trained for this job and have gained vast experience handling different moves on a daily basis. They pack with speed and ensure nothing gets damaged during the process. They are friendly and willing to offer personal support anytime.
- A professional moving company is the best option when moving house. Rather than relying on the help of friends (who can fail you) hiring a professional moving company, guarantees that your move will be completed on time.
- Professional movers undergo extensive training to learn the best techniques to use when handling heavy and bulky items. They have the strength and skills to pack fast utilizing space efficiently. They make sure your move progresses without any complications giving you peace of mind.
- Professional movers use high-quality packing materials to keep your items safe during the move. They will load and unload boxes and even help you unpack. They know how to handle delicate items such as lamps and TVs and deliver them in good condition.
How to find the best moving company
Word of mouth is a very reliable source of information. Approach your friends, work colleagues or family members and ask them if they can recommend any moving company in your area. They will be willing to share valuable information and tips. Finding a mover this way will save you time and effort of vetting multiple movers.
Before signing any contract, carefully read the fine print to confirm there are no hidden charges. Most people are not keen to read the details of an agreement only to be surprised later. If there is any part you don’t understand, don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.
Check online resources such as Angie’s List and Yelp to look for moving companies in your locality. Usually, customers leave negative or positive comments depending on their moving experience. Movers who treat their clients professionally receive great reviews and ratings. Use the reviews to shortlist a few companies that you feel can offer excellent services.
- Military relocation
- Coast to coast moving
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Packing and unpacking
- Storage facilities
- Office relocation
- Furniture relocation
- Corporate moving
Why hire us?
Every move is special, and we put your interest at heart. At A-1 Auto Transport, we listen to you and understand your moving needs so that we can deliver services according to your preferences. Our staff is highly qualified to complete your move within the shortest time possible. With modern equipment and state-of-the-art technology, we ensure the safety and security of your belongings are maintained at all times.
Get in touch
Talk to one of our customer representatives on 888-509-3213 to learn more about our services. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.