Calexico Long Distance Moving Companies
Long distance moving is like a roller-coaster ride with unexpected ups and downs. There are a lot of new possibilities to look forward to; a new job, spouse, new neighborhoods or a simple well-deserved change of scenery. Then you also have to contend with the actual move which is both emotionally draining and physically tiring. This is especially true if it’s your first time moving.
Tips to make your move easier
Below are a few simple hacks that will ensure your move is fast, efficient and on budget when relocating to Calexico.
- Have a writing pad or diary where you can document all move related details:
- Jot down a moving checklist.
- The contact and appointment date scheduled with your movers.
- As well as a comprehensive inventory of your household items.
- You need to have plenty of boxes and crates at hand. They can be sourced easily and cheaply on Craigslist free section or your local retail stores. The boxes need to be firm and preferably of medium size.
- Packing is best left for professionals to handle especially when handling delicate and special items like paintings. However, if your budget is tight, you can pack the smaller items by yourself. Remember, all appliances should be placed in their original boxes to save on cost of the move.
- Ask your friends and family to help you pack weeks in advance. You cannot do it all in one day.
- Collect old t-shirts and towels and use them as protective wrapping to cushion falls, clinks and bumps. If your budget allows, you may invest in bubble wrap. It is safer than the old t-shirts. Ensure to avoid newspapers when wrapping crockery; they leave print marks.
- Use enough packing tape on the box joints. Taping not only seals the box, it also strengthens it.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
- Trucks: Most moving companies have a variety of different truck sizes for different house moves. The truck size is actually quite important. If a truck is too large, the items inside can move around and get damaged. If it’s too small, you will make multiple trips which is not economical. Moving professionals can take one look at your household goods and instantly know the right truck for the job.
- Packing: Packing up all your belongings can be very time-consuming. You also run the risk of breaking some delicate items. Hiring a full-service mover is wise because every item will be packed with care and in a better time frame.
How to find the best moving company
Ask for references from your close friends and family members. Word of mouth is often very reliable as they have firsthand experience. You can also search for reputable movers in Calexico on the World Wide Web. This is what you need to watch out for.
- Go for a company that is accredited by BBB. The site only endorses legal entities and offers an unbiased picture of the services offered.
- Hire an experienced company that will know how to navigate the move.
- Ensure the company offers adequate insurance cover.
- Cheap movers should be avoided. They often have hidden costs.
- A local company is better seeing as it’s easier to pay a face to face to visit. While there look at their truck sizes.
- Never hire a broker.
Our moving services
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- State to State and Cross Country Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moving
- Heavy Furniture- Example: Pool Table and Piano Moving
- Door to Door Moving
- International Relocations
- Full-Service Packing and Unpacking
- Moving Storage Solutions
- Packaging Materials and Solutions
- Military and Student Moving
- Office Relocations
- Apartment and Studio Relocations
- Vehicle Relocations
- Cheap Calexico movers
- Same day moves
Why A-1 auto transport?
We are interstate movers with a dedicated and hardworking team. Our customer care is on call 24/7 to solve any issues that may arise. We pride ourselves in offering high-quality services at affordable rates. This is thanks to our large economies of scale.
Get free estimates!
If you are planning a move to or from Calexico, kindly contact our experts on our toll-free line 888-509-3213. Don’t forget to get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.