Buffalo Long Distance Moving Companies
Buffalo prides itself on being the second largest city within New York. It carries some of New York's important architectural history. If you are looking to move within Buffalo or New York, contact A-1 Auto Transport for the most affordable quote. We also offer vehicle moving services.
Things to consider before hire a moving company
In this age of the internet, there are many rogue people who have taken to advertising their fake or non-existent moving services to unsuspecting clients. These are the people who are tarnishing the good name of professional movers. It is thus advisable to employ due diligence in selecting a mover. There are many factors to consider when choosing a mover:
- Professionalism - from your first interaction with the mover or its representatives you should receive professional services. The client service team should be able to give you all the necessary assistance you need.
- Affordability - we do not advocate for you to go by the cheapest rate offered but compare what the different movers offer and be keen to read the fine print.
- Punctuality - a good mover should value your time by being there on time and ensuring that the move is on schedule. Lastly a good mover should get to your home or office within the agreed time.
Additional moving costs
If you are not careful when shopping for a mover you might end up incurring a lot of extra costs that are bound to make your move very expensive. While some costs come out of unforeseen situations, it is good to work with your mover to ensure that any potential additional cost is added on the bill of lading. The most common additional costs will include:
- Express delivery: This normally applies especially for long distance moves. This service is normally offered to clients who would want to have their items delivered without delay and will mostly involve the exclusive use of the moving truck.
- Bulky items: These will include items that are extra ordinarily heavy or large such as a pool table or large furniture items. Before signing off on the moving documents, ensure that you know how much you will be charged for these items.
- Storage fees: If for any reason, you are not able to complete your move in the planned time; your mover will ordinarily offer to store the items for you however at an additional cost. The cost goes up as you continue to store things so try as much as possible to reduce this time.
- Additional Insurance: Many movers will issue you a basic insurance cover. However, this may not fully cover the value of your property thus you may need to purchase extra insurance to fully protect your move from any eventualities.
- Split pick up or drop off fees: If you’re to make extra stops for pickups or deliveries the mover is likely to charge you for that.
- Flight fees: This is a fee incurred when the movers have to carry stuff up or down a flight of stairs. This fee can be reduced if the building has a lift that you can reserve for the moving day.
- Booking cancellation: In the event you need to change your moving date or completely cancel the move then you are likely to incur cancellation costs. Where and when possible if you must change or cancel your move, contact your mover. If you communicate early you are likely to save more.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
We deliver a full buffet of services to residents of Buffalo. These services include:
- Corporate moves
- Vacation moves
- Student moves
- Local moves
- National moves
- International moves
- Military moves
- Residential moves
- Senior citizens moves
- Moving pets
- Auto transport
- Machine and equipment moves
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We are fully compliant with all moving requirements of the FMSCA; this ensures your rights are respected and protected by our entire moving team.
- We have gathered great feedback and ratings by satisfied clients with the Better Business Bureau.
- We have modern equipment and we have a digitally connected workflow that allows us to ensure great efficiency in all our operations.
- We are a green business and members of The Smart Way Program by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Contact us today
If you need free moving consultation, please fill in the form at the top of the site. Alternatively you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible. If you need to speak to one of our representatives, please do so by calling 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com