Budgeting Your Move: Know Your Moving Costs
There is only so much you can do for free—especially when it comes to relocating to a new home. Budgeting is a key element in maintaining your sanity during a move. Knowing your moving costs will help you predict your expenses, providing security and stability in the face of a stressful, unpredictable time. Let’s take a look at some of the standard costs of a move.
Saving money during the packing stage is determined by how far ahead you’re able to plan. If you start early, go to grocery stores and ask for free boxes. Collect daily if you can until you have enough sturdy boxes to pack up your books, utensils, and spare clothes. Don’t forget to budget for tape—you’ll use more than you think—as well as markers and newspaper. You may want to put up some popcorn for extra-safe packing of those fragile items.
Hiring movers? Don’t forget to carefully interview moving companies before settling on one—get at least three estimates from three different companies. You’ll need to decide if they’re packing for you, how much they’ll be packing, and whether or not you’ll be using them to ship a vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are three types of moving insurance. The first is standard, which covers you for about sixty cents on every pound. That’s not enough. Full-value insurance, while expensive, really provides for your entire move. If your moving company doesn’t provide full value insurance, look for third party insurance that will cover your goods during relocation.
You will spend money on gasoline during your move. Your own vehicle, the rental truck, and the movers’ truck will all be your financial responsibility when it comes to fueling. You’ll spend money on food as well, not to mention potential hotel stays.
Knowing your moving costs is essential. Plan ahead for packing, moving, insurance, and travel expenses for a headache-free relocation experience.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory