If you are a proud owner of a boat and need to move it across the states or coast to coast, planning is needed. You need to plan the process at least a month before the shipping date. This is going to provide you with enough time to plan, research and figure out the best company for your boat shipping for boat shipping East Coast to West Coast and to get enough quotes to take advantage of the best one.
You need to, however, get a few measurements before you start asking for quotes as this is required to prepare an actual offer on behalf of the shipping company. At A1 Auto Transport, we take care of all aspects of your boat relocation. We will provide the quote which includes licenses as well as permits for boats, watercrafts, oversized workboats, yachts and others. Normally the usually sized boat on a trailer is going to cost you about $1.50 a mile while open transportation goes for $2.50 a mile.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prepare the Boat for the Shipping.
That’s something that you would have to account for. Once you’ve contacted the transporter for boat shipping East Coast to West Coast, you need to prepare the boat for the actual process. You need to secure loose items and make sure to avoid any damage. Consult the marina or the yard if you have any specific questions and make sure that you are well aware of the entire service of the company. Everything is going to be handled perfectly as long as you take your time and do the necessary research.
Measuring Your Boat Before the Transport.
If you want to get a proper quote on the cost of your boat, it is absolutely quintessential that you take the actual measurements.
- Vessel length – you should measure it from the front to the middle of the stern. This is very important.
- Vessel height – this is measured from the lowest structural beam to the highest part of the boat. You should remove the parts which are removable.
- Vessel width – the distance of the widest part of the boat, also known as the beam.
Some tips to spare some cash.
- You can save up to 15% of the entire cost if you book a company at least three or even more months before the date.
- Small boats can negotiate last-minute shipping in order to fill the gaps on the deck.
- Talk to the shipping companies in advance in order to see whether they pay for mechanical delays and allow only one day of unpaid delay in a journey that’s at least a week long.
There are other things that you might take into account for boat shipping East Coast to West Coast but these are the foundations that you should be aware of when shipping your boat. These are going to make sure that everything is handled perfectly and without any complications at all. If you want a safe trip, make sure to plan ahead.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory