How To Ship Your BMW M5.
The BMW M5 is derived from the BMW 5 Series, and comes as a higher version of it. The M5 has models that follows different generations of the 5 Series, and they include the E28 M5, E34 M5, E39 M5, E60 M5 and F10 M5.
The F10 M5 is its latest, and comes with a 4.4L V8 twin-turbo engine that produces up to 560 mhp at 6000-7000 rpm and torque of 502lb-ft at 1500-5750 rpm. It offers options of either a 7-speed dual-clutch or 6-speed manual transmission, and consumes less fuel than previous versions.
To ship your BMW M5, you may need to understand some terms commonly used in auto transport.
- Auto transport: This has to do with movement of cars from one place to another, and is better handled by auto shipping companies.
- Auto transport company: These are companies that specialize in shipping vehicles, as opposed to other shipping companies that handle general items.
- Open carrier: Shipping with open carriers is less expensive; however, the cars are exposed to weather elements, dusts, or any other hazards. It is ideal for regular/less classy cars.
- Enclosed carrier: As opposed to open carriers, enclosed carriers offer protection to the car from weather factors and other hazards. It is better to use this when shipping very expensive cars, so as to guarantee more protection. However, it is more expensive than the open carrier.
- Door to door: While some companies use only terminals, there are those who are able to pick cars from wherever clients have them, and also deliver them to the door steps of their owners.
- Quote: A quote is an estimation of the cost of shipping your car from its origin to its destination. Usually, you are expected to supply some information about the vehicle to allow a given company compute and issue a quote based on the information provided.
- Domestic shipping: This has to do with moving a car within the national borders. It is usually from state to state, across the country.
- International shipping: In this case, long distance, overseas movement of vehicles is possible for companies whose coverage is wide. Such company is able to move your car from coast to coast, across countries, wherever you want it.
- Shipment protection: You can have your car insured during its shipping. This is ideal for luxury cars and very expensive ones, so you do not have to worry about possible damages on transit.
- License: Shipping companies are supposed to be licensed to operate in the business. This shows they are legally allowed to do the business, and the FMCSA and USDOT are responsible for such licensing.
We are a reliable auto transport company, registered, licensed and certified, with the necessary resources, both human and material, to ensure a safe and on-time delivery of your BMW M5. And if you are wondering how much it costs, you can get a quote by filling the correct information. You will receive prompt response from our staff, and that is one way to confirm that our services are cheap and we offer competitive prices.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.