Best Times Of The Year To Move
Between finding the right house, the right movers and packing, you can forget to stop and think about your actual moving date. Such a small detail can seem very insignificant but its implications on the cost of the move and the services you will get will amaze you. So, when is the best time of the year to move?
That depends on the people who are moving but here are some of the things to consider;
There are only two seasons in the moving industry; peak season and low season.
- Peak season: It begins around May 15 to end of September. One of the reasons why so many people move around this time is because of the favorable spring and summer weather. Children also close school around this time and it’s a great time of the year to move them to a new school or location. Peak season is fairly expensive to move because of the high demand and you will also get substandard service as companies hire college students who are on recess to meet the demand.
- Low season: Runs from October to April and is the ideal time to move in terms of cost and great service. The weather is cold and chilly and schools are on so very few people are moving at this time. Movers will literally be fighting for your business so the rates will be very low not to mention you will get the best service in the world.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Moving during winter is definitely going to be a challenge especially if you are moving long distance. The best time to move in terms of weather is spring or summer when it’s nice and warm. However, these months are very expensive to move so you may want to consider a fall move because it’s not too cold and too costly.
If you have school going kids, the only time you can move them is during the holiday season when they finish the year. However, don’t wait too long after school closes because you want to give them enough time to unpack and know the new place well before starting another year in a new school.
Whichever season of the year you choose to move, make sure it’s not during the holidays. November and December are usually very busy months in terms of traffic and you will have a really hard time travelling. Plan your move to fall right before November or in January.
Cost of the new house
What is the best time to buy or lease a new house? Off-peak season; the weather is horrendous so not many people will be looking for houses or moving at this time. The houses are cheaper and the cost of moving is also cheaper.
The best time of the year to move really depends on the person and what they are looking for. The idea is to settle on a time frame that is convenient for you and that offers you the most affordable rates.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services