- The Best Moving & Storage Companies | How To Find Them
- Qualities To Look For In A Moving & Storage Company
- Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
The Best Moving & Storage Companies | How To Find Them
Anyone that’s moving is usually looking for two things: an affordable company to help them and the assurance that the job will be done safely and effectively. If you’ve spent any time looking at reviews of moving companies online, you’ll quickly notice that this isn’t the case with every moving company. For every moving company that quietly does the job right, you’ll find several complaints from customers that have had a bad experience with moving companies. Unfortunately, the moving industry is not as well regulated as it could be, which results in a number of people having bad experiences, which are understandably the loudest voices.
So how do you go about finding the best moving and storage companies? In the paragraphs below, we’ll answer that question, as well as other pressing concerns that we often hear about. When you trust a company to move your personal belongings, you have the right to know that they’re a legitimate and professionally licensed mover that is capable of handling the job from end to end, and be able to do it to your satisfaction.
A-1 Auto Transport is a nationwide moving company with years of experience. We stand behind our claim that we offer the best and most affordable moving solutions you’ll find anywhere in the U.S., as well as internationally. Call us today at 888-241-3110 for a FREE instant moving quote, or if you have any questions about the services we provide. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and we’re always happy to help in any way we can!
Qualities To Look For In A Moving & Storage Company
It’s easy in theory to find a reliable moving and storage company you can trust, but how exactly do you go about it? It’s a valid question and luckily, there are some simple steps and checks you can make that will ensure that you find the right fit for your moving needs. Here’s what you should look for.
- Movers That Have Storage: As we’ve covered, it’s easier to work with a moving company that has their own storage facilities. It’s not only easier to coordinate for both parties, but it’s often a less expensive option that if a mover outsources storage to a separate company.
- Experience & Equipment: There’s no substitute for experience, particularly if you’re moving long distance or to another state. Companies that operate nationwide have larger fleets of trucks, offices in more locations, and no shortage of moving supplies and equipment to do the job. Having a larger reach and more resources to draw from is definitely a benefit any time you enlist the help of a moving company.
- Local Offices: Having a physical office location in the area you’re moving to (and ideally, where you’re moving from) can be very helpful when you’re relocating. Not only is communication easier with local offices in your area, but the process runs much more smoothly if any last minute requests come up. You can imagine the difficulty and frustration that can ensue if you need a larger truck or storage and aren’t able to easily contact the company you’ve paid to help with your move.
- Insurance: Moving companies have to carry insurance that covers your belongings in the rare event that something is damaged during the move. Be sure to ask about their insurance policy and coverage limits before agreeing to work with a specific mover. Some companies offer more comprehensive coverage than others, which can come into play when you’re moving the contents of an entire house, especially if you have expensive or valuable items involved.
- Protect Your Move: Protect Your Move is a portion of the moving regulations website provided by the FMCSA. There you’ll find several helpful resources from the organization that oversees the moving industry, as well as what they are legally required to do and communicate with you. One of these items is the Rights and Responsibilities document which details your rights when you hire a moving company, which they are obligated to provide you with.
- Get Several Estimates: Another good practice you should implement is getting several estimates before you settle on a moving company to hire. By contacting multiple companies, you can get a more accurate gauge of the price range you’re operating in, as well as compare prices and find the most affordable option. Be sure to consider their customer service and experience too since the cheapest option isn’t always the best one.
Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
|To / From||Distance||Cost (2 BR)||Cost (3 BR)||Cost (4 BR)||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Adkins, TX to Citronelle, AL||605 miles||$1,810 – $2,517||$3,146 – $4,487||$4,487 – $6,931||3 - 5 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to Sherwood, AR||1290 miles||$3,730 – $4,715||$5,591 – $7,452||$7,452 – $10,865||4 - 6 days|
|Carson, CA to Yonkers, NY||2458 miles||$4,424 – $5,653||$6,390 – $7,865||$8,357 – $9,832||6 - 8 days|
|Portland, OR to Norwich, CT||2507 miles||$4,512 – $5,766||$6,518 – $8,022||$8,523 – $10,028||6 - 8 days|
|Glasgow, DE to Fremont, OH||503 miles||$905 – $1,106||$1,207 – $1,358||$1,609 – $1,861||3 - 5 days|
|Perth Amboy, NJ to Quitman, GA||849 miles||$2,867 – $3,715||$4,473 – $6,081||$6,081 – $8,832||3 - 5 days|
|Clinton, IL to Naselle, WA||1784 miles||$3,375 – $4,557||$5,609 – $7,840||$7,840 – $11,947||5 - 7 days|
|Elkhart, IN to Philadelphia, PA||577 miles||$1,038 – $1,327||$1,500 – $1,846||$1,961 – $2,308||3 - 5 days|
|Franklin, KY to Boston, MA||909 miles||$3,379 – $4,285||$5,091 – $6,806||$6,806 – $9,948||3 - 5 days|
|Hammond, LA to Naples, FL||607 miles||$1,851 – $2,614||$3,263 – $4,647||$4,647 – $7,169||3 - 5 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.