How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping an exotic car such as a Lotus is anywhere from $150 to $10,000, depending on where it must ship to and from among other determining factors.
- Small service fees may be charged for inoperable vehicles or for other reasons along those lines. Typically the service fee for a non-operable vehicle is $100.
Dependable auto transport services can be found anywhere throughout the U.S. In fact, there are many reputable auto transport companies in the State of California. With these companies, you can send any type of vehicle across the nation or even overseas by using a variety of different shipping services. As long as you hire a company with a reputation for being professional and cautious, your luxury car should make it to its destination without any problems arising.
How to Ensure a Safe Transport for Your Lotus
- Hire a company with a good reputation and many years of experience in the industry
- Take advantage of services that will better care for your Lotus
- Inspect your exotic car for existing damages prior to the release of the vehicle to the company. Take pictures of the Lotus’ inside and outside before it is shipped off.
- Clean out the Lotus. Make sure there is nothing in it that didn’t originally come with the vehicle when it was manufactured.
- Make sure the auto transport company has insurance coverage.
- Gather the driver’s contact information and give them the keys to the automobile.
- Only leave a ¼ of a tank of fuel or less in the vehicle.
Hiring a reputable company approved by the Department of Transportation and with all of the proper licensing is always best for your auto transport. A BBB approval is also a great sign of a reliable transporter. With the right company and effective preparation, your Lotus will arrive safely at its destination at a price you can afford.
How Will a Customized Vehicle Affect the Transport?
Customized vehicles especially luxury vehicles, may cause a little more difficulties when it comes to the transport. It all depends on the customizations you’ve had done to the Lotus. For example, lowered cars will need a lift gate in order to remain safe. A life gate prevents them from getting scratched and harmed during the loading process. Lifted vehicles will also need special attention. It is very possible to safely transport a Lotus with customizations, but expect small upcharges and special attention. Contact A1 Auto Transport at 800-452-2880 to learn more about the transport options and affordable shipping rates for a Lotus.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.