Usually the best long distance movers are the companies that have been around for decades. As a long distance mover it takes some time to build up your equipment, tools, professional help, connections, credibility, clientele, and reputation. Finding a long distance mover is as simple as signing onto the Internet and searching for dependable movers nearest your home now. By using online resources to find a moving company nearby, you’ll find that you have many options.
How to Choose the Best Moving Company for a Long Distance Move
There are certain assets that all licensed moving companies should have regardless of the services they offer. To guarantee that you hire the right moving company, look for the following qualities and traits:
- Insurance coverage that meets the state’s requirements
- Carefully trained and experienced employees that practice all safety procedures
- BBB approval and US DOT certification
- Proven experience and history in the moving industry
- An assortment of moving and storage services and solutions
- A positive reputation as seen through written reviews and testimonials online
- The most current moving equipment, technology and materials to assure a safe move
- Professional, helpful customer service representatives answering phones
- Affordable prices and free, quick ways to gather estimates
- Satellite tracking services
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
When you have found a few well-known long distance movers with the right qualities and credentials, write down their contact information. You can usually find this information on their websites. Contact each long distance mover to ask questions and receive quotes.
Try your best to schedule with the long distance mover of your choice months before the desired move in date. Scheduling months ahead of time only makes it easier for all those involved with the relocation to prepare, including yourself. Although most movers recommend full service moving, you can choose to handle the process of packing by yourself. If this is something you prefer to do on your own, make sure you buy all the right packaging supplies. Start packing up one room at a time weeks before your scheduled move in date. Make sure you pack properly or according to the moving company’s standards and that each box is clearly labeled.