The search for a reliable household mover is one that is best conducted online. By searching for “the best household movers nearby” you’ll have a ton of options pull up right after hitting enter on the search engine. Go through the movers that seemingly hold potential. Check out their websites, services, history, rates, and anything else you can find about them. They should have certain qualities proving their success in the moving industry.
Traits a Licensed Moving Company Should Possess
- A happy and satisfied history of clients. It should be easy to find ratings and reviews regarding the mover and their services. Sites like Yelp, Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau are great websites to check out the companies’ reputations.
- They should own high quality equipment, tools and supplies to ensure a smooth relocation.
- All their professional movers should be trained and experienced.
- They should offer a variety of moving services for you to choose from. For example, full packing services, full service moves, expedited services, and storage solutions.
- All moving companies should be licensed, registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation, and carry certifications from verified associations for their success as a moving company.
- They shouldn’t require a large down payment or money upfront before services begin. Most movers aren’t completely sure of the total of your moving costs until the end of the relocation. Therefore, most movers won’t require a deposit. If they do, it’s extremely important to remain cautious and look into the credentials of that mover first. You could become scammed for your money by someone posing as professionals in the industry
- By law, all licensed moving companies must carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage for their customers. The minimum amount of protection that is to be provided is determined by the state. Ask your household mover if they offer additional coverage if you wish for the full value of your possessions to be covered during the relocation.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
When you know what qualities a dependable household mover should possess, it’s much easier to narrow down your options. It shouldn’t be difficult to find the right mover for your relocation after conducting a little research online. Once you find a few potential movers, contact each one for an estimate and use the information received to compare all the movers before you call one to schedule your relocation.